At Vivint Solar, we're changing the way people generate and consume power. We believe that people should have a choice between using outdated, dirty technologies and using innovative, clean solutions to produce the energy they use to live every day. That's why we're making it easy for millions of people nationwide to choose to go solar. Simply stated, we're doing work that really makes a difference.
Vivint Solar is seeking a Supervisor over our Quality Control Design that is ready to jump in and help our fast growing business grow even faster. The Quality Control Design Supervisor is responsible for managing all Quality Control audits. The supervisor is to coordinate the efficient preparation of audits and navigating the PV Design process.
You'll change the world by...
- Develop, implement and enforce PV Design Standards
- Develop, implement and enforce Quality Control Standards and Practices
- Enforce Design policy as set by the Design Department
- Ensure compliance with company policies and standards
- Report on and maintain Quality Control metrics for productivity
- Provide training and supervision of Quality Control Technicians
- Provide leadership and vision to the team in the area of Quality Control
- Provide input to business development
- Conduct project related model reviews
- Coordinate and help the Quality Control team complete special projects
- Provide feedback for software engineers in developing PV Designer software
You'll do that with your...
- Demonstrated knowledge of PV Design principles and practices with experience using PV Designer
- Working knowledge of Windows
- Strong verbal and oral communication skills
- Knowledge of supervisory techniques
- Ability to read and interpret complex engineering plans and specifications
- Ability to use good judgment to identify alternatives to assist in the resolution of design problems
- Ability to manage time and workload efficiently which includes planning, organizing, prioritizing, and following-through on a variety of tasks, projects, assignments, and reports to meet deadlines
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a diverse workforce
- Ability to effectively resolve design, electrical, and structural issues raised by field personnel on a jobsite
- Ability to work effectively with all working groups in the design department
- Computer-aided drafting experience (AutoCAD, Inventor, 3DS max etc.)
- Residential construction understanding with roof layout and knowledge
- Photoshop, Microsoft Excel and Word, and other computer experience require
- Basic computer proficiency including 50WPM
You'll know you're ready if you...
- Solar installation or design experience
- High School Degree or Equivalent required
- 1+ to 2 Years of experience
- Well-rounded experience in civil engineering technician and PV Design work
- Experience developing construction documents from preliminary through final design
- Experience doing quality checks for PV Design
One more thing...you'll be required to submit to a criminal history check, drug screening, and provide local and/or state licensing according to state requirements.
Vivint Solar is a proud promoter of employment opportunities to our Military and Veterans. We, an equal opportunity employer, do not consider any protected traits (e.g. race, creed, color, religion, gender, national origin, non-job-related disability, age, or any other protected trait) when hiring-under federal, state and local laws.
A little about us:
Vivint Solar (NYSE: VSLR) is a leading provider of distributed solar energy to residential customers in the United States.