Johnson & Johnson Consumer Inc., a member of Johnson & Johnson's Family of Companies, is recruiting for a Quality Control Scientist 1, 2 Shift to be located in Lititz, PA.
Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies touches more than a billion people’s lives each day through our health care products and services, our corporate giving, and the volunteer efforts of our employees. The Johnson & Johnson Group of Consumer Companies develop and market beloved brands that address the needs of consumers and health care professionals worldwide. Our portfolio ranges across several distinct business units: Baby Care, Oral Care, Compromised Skin Care, Beauty, Feminine Care, and Over-The-Counter (OTC) products.
The Quality Control Scientist 1, under routine supervision:
- Performs physical and chemical testing of raw materials, materials in process and finished product to assess conformance to applicable standards.
- Adheres to Company policies, governmental and regulatory requirements and maintains adequate lab supplies.
- Performs laboratory testing of raw materials, materials in-process and finished products using classical wet methods and validated instrumental methods of analysis, in accordance with company test methods.
- Assures that instruments used in analytical methods are calibrated and performing properly.
- Performs investigational testing of complaint samples using appropriate analytical methods and performs standardization of solutions and instruments as required and records results in official logs. records all results of testing in logbooks, directly on report forms or into the laboratory computer system using proper documentation.
- Maintains records in accordance with cGMP.
- Communicates potential problems and issues to the Team Leader in a timely manner. Review unusual assay results with the Team Leader to determine the method of solution, suggesting appropriate alternative tests.
- Initiates and completes analytical laboratory investigations in a timely manner and acquires, maintains and applies current professional knowledge and skills associated with the job.
- Demonstrates competent computer use (entry/retrieval) and orders laboratory supplies as needed. The successful candidate adheres to regulatory, company and departmental requirements and ensures quality and compliance.
- The qualified candidate will have a minimum of a Bachelor Degree required. Degree in Chemistry or related scientific discipline preferred
- A minimum of 6 months of related experience is required.
- Pharmaceutical or consumer healthcare industry experience is preferred.
- Knowledge of lab instrumentation/equipment is required.
- Experience with pH meter, viscometer, FTIR, HPLC and GC is preferred.
- Knowledge of Compendia such as USP, NF, EP and FCC is required.
- Computer skills with utilization of Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, and Excel) are required.
- This position is located in Lititz, PA and may require up to 5% travel based upon business needs.
J & J Consumer Inc. (6101)Job Function
A little about us:
Johnson & Johnson cares for the world - bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people.