Eaton’s Corporate IT Group is seeking a QlikView Support Lead Analyst. The QlikView Support Lead Analyst can be based in the Beachwood, OH or Moon Township, PA site.
The primary objective of this position involves working on incidents and requests raised by end users of the QlikView applications & other stakeholders and addressing them while adhering to the SLAs set; identification of areas for continuous improvement and execution by following problem management methodology (8D / other EBS prescribed tools) and reducing number of incidents; involves working independently and/or on teams, working with peers, business users, platform governance team (EBIA).
Candidate should have complete understanding of end to end service management processes such as incident management, request management, problem management, change management and release management. Through their understanding of the service management process, identifying, measuring, reporting and communicating SLA’s with root cause analysis on breaches etc. will be key.
The role requires complete understanding of enterprise data models and utilization of both relational and dimensional data sources. The ideal candidate will have experience in QlikView design and development with a general understanding of BI and reporting, also responsible to adhere and contribute towards the Enterprise BI best practices within Eaton and responsible for coordinating support of deployed solutions.
Basic Qualifications (Including Educational Requirements)
- Support, Design & Develop QlikView data models and dashboards.
- Be point of contact to customer / stakeholders especially during the US business hours.
- Provide production support to address custom and standard development issues.
- Provides strong support leadership by adhering to standard departmental policies, processes and documentation guidelines for support delivery.
- Defines and communicate roles and responsibilities for support team members.
- Develops support resource plans including detailing work breakdown structures and critical path.
- Consults with customers and IT managers globally to develop, define, and prioritize support work assignments and delivery.
- Defines and gather operational and performance metrics to drive continuous improvement. Participate in benchmarking and comparison to industry standards to improve the activities of the IT department.
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited institution is required.
- Minimum 7 years of IT experience with a minimum 4 years of experience in developing and supporting QlikView (Version 10 or above) applications is required.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the US on a permanent and consistent basis without company sponsorship now and in the future.
- This position requires use of information or access to hardware which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
- No relocation is being offered and candidates must reside within 50 miles of Moon Township, PA or Beachwood, OH.
- Experience in sourcing data from disparate systems with a good understanding of their Data Models and ETL procedures.
- Hands-on professional with thorough knowledge of scripting, data source integration and advanced GUI development in QlikView.
- Full understanding of the processes of data quality, data cleansing and data transformation.
- Strong knowledge on QlikView server architecture and building qvd’s and qvw’s applying business rules and data validations
- Experience in end-to-end implementation of Business Intelligence (BI) projects, especially in scorecards, KPIs, reports & dashboards.
- Knowledge of formal database architecture and design.
- Strong SQL skills, preferably knowledge in performance tuning.
- ITIL Certification
- Domain experience, preferably in manufacturing organization(s) is a plus.
- Detail-oriented with strong organizational, analytical and communication skills.
- Understanding of Industry Standard Documentation Practices.
- Experience in a client-facing role for a top tier or similar consulting organization is highly desirable
- Enthusiastic about learning large and complex systems.
- Results-driven with the ability to take initiatives, handle multiple tasks and shifting priorities and meet deadlines.
- Able to multi-task in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Excellent problem solving skills, logical process thinking and end-to-end system concepts - Investigates problems to establish real or hidden causes.
- Exudes confidence.
- Thinks clearly and calmly under pressure.
Eaton is a power management company with 2015 sales of $20.9 billion. Eaton provides energy-efficient solutions that help our customers effectively manage electrical, hydraulic and mechanical power more efficiently, safely and sustainably. Eaton has approximately 97,000 employees and sells products to customers in more than 175 countries. For more information, visit www.eaton.com. At Eaton, we see things differently. We see opportunities to innovate, go above and beyond, and we work hard because what we do reflects who we are. If you see things differently—if you’re determined, motivated and focused on improving the world around you—then it’s time to see where a career at Eaton can take you. For more information, visit www.eaton.com/careers. Eaton is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Eaton is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
Eaton is a global technology leader in power management solutions. We make power operate more efficiently, effectively, safely & sustainably.