We are Farmers!
Join a team of diverse professionals at Farmers to acquire skills on the job and apply your learned knowledge to future roles at Farmers. Farmers Insurance also offers extensive training opportunities through the award winning University of Farmers named by Training magazine amongst top 10 corporate training units in the world. Start your career at Farmers today!
The QA Analyst will be responsible for software quality in a large transformation initiative. Responsible for Integrations, data migrations, ODS and software configuration. Extensive knowledge of claims management processes for multiple product lines/specialties is required. Experience with Guidewire ClaimCenter is highly preferred.
Preferred experience with transforming legacy claims systems into new technologies. Hands on knowledge of test automation tools/frameworks, ensuring successful validation of business processes, vendor integrations and interfaces with internal company legacy systems.
Essential Job Functions
- Develops, documents, executes, and maintains technical test Cases and test data; Utilizes testing tools, as required. (May include Integration, System, Regression, Performance / Stress / Volume.)
- Analyzes system and business requirements for testability Reports status of test plan execution through defect logs / defect tracking system
- Ensures that acceptance criteria are met Assists with resolution of environmental issues; supports application development, implementation, and user training activities, as required Analyzes Test Results; assists with troubleshooting and Root Cause Analysis; validates system design Develops test plans, including test scenarios, test objectives, quality criteria and measurement techniques
- Supports the Configuration / Change Management groups, as necessary, to ensure smooth transition of code through the lifecycle Assists in training of other Testing Specialists
- Oversees workflow and work distribution within testing area; coordinates activities to meet service levels Validates acceptance criteria for testing phase; maintains knowledge of business unit processes / products to ensure application adheres to functional and quality requirements.
- Provides guidance on the usage of testing tool and development of test Scenario, test Objective, and test Case to Levels I and II Testing Specialists Participates in depth analysis and development of new or revised standards, methodologies, and processes within Testing; develops training material, as necessary
Required job duties are essentially sedentary work consisting of occasional walking, standing and lifting and/or carrying 10 lbs. maximum, and seeing.
Required job duties are normally performed in a climate controlled office environment.
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent or specific relevant experience
Special Skill Requirement
- Five (5) year’s or more experience in a claims processing environments and Claims software systems
- QA Analysts will identify areas of opportunity or process gaps and provide recommendations for improvement and/or training.
- Must be an excellent problem solver and proactive solution seeker. Strong interpersonal communication and relational skills. Excellent verbal/written communication skills; ability to interact within all levels of the organization.
Good written and oral skills on local language English Level I: 1 Level II: 2 Level III: 2 Level IV: 3 Level-1: Able to give information in English and passively participate in team meetings. Understands routing business conversations and written communicates and is able to communicate with few errors. Level 2: Able to participate in meetings and discussions and give information about own area of expertise in addition to Level 2. Level-3: Able to actively take part in meetings and conferences and communicate effectively. Level-4: Able to participate in and facilitate discussions with complex content. Composes reports with almost no grammatical errors and can communicate proficiently
Farmers is an equal opportunity employer, committed to the strength of a diverse workforce.
A little about us: