Not only is Purina an industry leader and at the cutting edge of pet food innovations that are revolutionizing the business, we’ve set the gold standard in Quality Assurance. We’re backed by a 2010 Malcolm Baldrige National Quality Award, but more significantly, we’re grounded in a strong values system of developing high-quality products with unconditional integrity, passion, expertise, performance and innovation.
We’re recognized at the top of the QA ladder within the greater Nestlé organization, the world’s largest food company. As a QA Analyst II you will be responsible for laboratory testing of finished product prior to being released to distribution. You will gather samples and work in the QA Lab testing for protein, fat and moisture utilizing testing equipment and some wet chemistry. Additionally you will perform sensory evaluations of in process and finished products. This is an integral part of our Quality Program.
Nestle Purina has a large presence in Oklahoma City (OKC) with one of our dry pet food factories located just 10 miles outside of downtown in Edmond. Having served as a production facility for many years in this area as producers of Dog Chow®, Puppy Chow®, Beneful® and Purina ONE® brands, we have left a big paw print on this charming western city.
As a culture that continuously challenges us to Stand Tall and think “What’s Next?”, we’ll empower you to challenge the status quo in quality. Join a company that believes in bettering our work every day to enrich the lives of pets and the people who love them.
Must be open to 2nd or 3rd shift.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES :
- Analyze finished product using various test methods, including wet chemistry
- Perform formulations including format, bin bottoms, ingredient changes and fine s utilization
- Perform sensory evaluations of in process and finished product
- Investigate & communicate all quality results plus recommend corrections to production department
- Use various software applications for data entry, investigation and analysis
- Maintain instrument calibrations
- All other tasks as assigned
BASIC QUALIFICATIONS (Minimum):
- A Bachelor’s degree in a related science discipline OR High school diploma or GED equivalent with a minimum of 2+ years working in quality, lab, or related environment
- 1+ years of experience in food safety is preferred
A little about us:
We aim to make discoveries that better the lives of pets everywhere through the highest-quality production of pet food, snacks and litter. Pets are our passion. Safety is our promise. Progress is our pledge.