What you will do:
The Environmental Tech reports to the Quality Manager and is responsible for handling, identifying and shipping of hazardous waste, calibration of key quality control equipment and quality/environmental audits. Other responsibilities include, but is not limited to:
Inspect all areas of the plant (i.e. process and non-process areas- perimeter) for 100% compliance with all applicable internal/external/legal and regulatory environmental requirements. How you will do it:
What we look for: Required
- Make a plan and execute the calibration of current and voltage.
- Make a plan and execute the calibration for temperature probes.
- Create a weekly report of faulty probes.
- Identify and change a faulty probe. Be able to follow up with a calibration and proper function.
- Create and run probe efficiency reports. As a follow up have probe action plan tracking.
- Assist in special projects related to quality. Project aspects will include and not limited to planning, designing, and executing. Projects will vary depending on plant need.
- Repairing or replacing defective equipment related to the quality department.
- Be able to create, modify, and/or execute audits to different areas and aspects pertaining to quality. I.e. process audits, water levels, etc.
- Reportable for table efficiency and implement action items and tracking.
- Inspect all Hazardous Waste (HW) Satellite Accumulation Areas (SAA) to make sure waste containers are appropriate, properly closed, and labeled.
- Make sure that there is not more than one (1) HW container in the SAA's (per waste type).
- Provide on-the-floor training to potential violators and educate them on the importance of compliance requirements.
- Ensure all waste containers are properly closed, labeled, dated, and appropriately stored in the facility's 90-day HW accumulation areas ("AAs").
- Make sure all labels on waste containers in the 90-day HW AAs are clearly visible to the inspector (i.e. facing outward).
- Make sure all required signage is present and easily visible in the 90-day HW AAs.
- Look for any open/partially open waste containers, abandoned waste containers, waste containers with no labels, wrong labels, or partially-filled-out labels, etc. Work with area personnel to rectify these issues ASAP.
- Inspect containers holding HazMat and make sure they are properly labeled, dated, closed, and appropriately stored.
- Make sure all HW & HazMat containers ready to be shipped are prepared/packaged/labeled in compliance with applicable DOT regulations.
- Inspect the facility's WWTP and report issues (if any) to the management immediately.
- Review lab results from the facility's WWTP effluent for compliance with Permit. Report issues (if any) immediately to the management. Agency notifications must be made ASAP if required by the situation.
- Prompt reporting of all "Environmental Incidents" to management & corporate (along with a written report).
- Any other compliance-required tasks required to be performed.
- Update plans, procedures, and environmental aspects for plant changes in management, equipment, methods etc.
- Help deliver plans for achieving plant goals and objectives regarding environmental objectives and targets.
- Manage and develop appropriate operational controls for environmental impacts
- Ensure that any personnel performing tasks with potential for significant environmental impact are competent i.e. appropriate education, training, experience, and shall retain the records.
- Have the skills to prepare for, responding to, and where possible preventing the spills of hazardous substances (including emergency preparedness and response for fires, natural disasters, and other type of emergencies)
- Help create and follow a training program for environmental awareness and other specific trainings
- Associate Degree in Industrial Engineering, Environmental, Safety and Health or related equivalent technical degree/experience required.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience working in a manufacturing facility. Demonstrated knowledge of environmental, manufacturing, facility management and related operations.
- Must demonstrate strong verbal, written, analytical, and persuasive skills as well as the ability to interact effectively with all levels of employees and management.
- Microsoft office Excel, Word, Power point medium level.
- Ability to drive a forklift
- Working use of Microsoft Office software
Johnson Controls is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. For more information, please view EEO is the Law . If you are an individual with a disability and you require an accommodation during the application process, please visit www.johnsoncontrols.com/tomorrowneedsyou .