The Quality and Risk Management Lead is responsible for ensuring data integrity, process efficiency, process continuity, as well as the overall quality culture of the Woodland Quality organization. This role will lead process improvement and optimization efforts of the laboratory team as well as participate in regional and global initiatives to enable global standardization of procedures and govern management of change. The individual will be responsible for identifying, communicating, and mitigating risks through active engagement with the Quality Control, Quality Assurance, Supply Chain, and Technology organizations, leading through influence. This individual will participate in the regional quality control QMS team, ensuring compliance and accreditation with relevant ISO requirements, as well as manage and ensure that all internal and external requirements of Woodland Quality accreditations are fulfilled (ISTA, NSHS, NAL).
Quality Management Systems
• Manages the administration of the Quality System (ISO) and maintains laboratory certifications for the laboratory. This includes development of training materials, closure of CARs/PARs for the lab, and organizing internal and external audits.
• Reviews procedures of quality systems, validation, change control, process discrepancy investigations, ISO/regulatory compliance, and 3rd party vendor evaluations.
• Administers, reviews, and approves policies related to standard operating procedures, validation documentation, change control, and manufacturing discrepancy reports.
• Ensures quality of all testing inputs through active supplier quality management.
• Receives, processes, and follows up on customer surveys.
• Collaborates with peers to establish local and global competency models and assist with the development of training programs and ensure staff achievement of position competencies.
• Participate in internal and external auditing across Monsanto Company.
• Collaborates with laboratory teams to develop robust business continuity plans.
Process Risk Optimization
• Establishes indicators for monitoring and evaluating business, data and process risk within the quality organization, including analysis and oversight of data quality, process performance and business risk.
• Development, communication, and oversight of risk dashboard reports for local, regional, and global leadership.
• Reviews, formulates and implements policy and organizational changes as appropriate to mitigate identified risks.
• Work closely with QC Technical Leads, using statistical process controls, to ensure all critical process points are identified and effectively controlled/monitored.
• May assist with lab process improvements using Lean and Six Sigma tools.
Education, Training and/or Experience Requirements
• BS/BA in a biological, agricultural, or related field with a minimum of 5 years work related experience.
• Strong foundation in quality systems and quality systems management.
• Significant experience leading through influence, comfort with ambiguity, and communication skills necessary to effectively identify, communicate and lead change to mitigate risks.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills required to provide clear communication of investigational circumstances to site/regional/global leadership so that proper risk management decisions can be facilitated. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence and speak effectively before groups of visitors and colleagues.
• Experience leading process development and revision.
• Experience in the implementation and on-going maintenance of continuous quality improvement culture in a laboratory or production environment with experience in risk identification, prevention, and management.
• Knowledge of statistical methodologies, data analysis and visualizations is preferred.
• Knowledge of seed testing methods (genetic, physiology, seed health), ISTA and/or AOSA rules, seed testing equipment and facilities preferred.
Who is Monsanto?
Monsanto is an agriculture company with more than 20,000 employees focused on making a balanced meal accessible to everyone. We work to help farmers produce food in a more sustainable way. We think about how our food is grown so farmers have the tools they need to have better harvests.
We believe that bringing diverse perspectives together is the most effective way to develop creative solutions to some of the world's biggest challenges. Career opportunities at Monsanto range from farming, plant breeding and engineering to marketing, environmental science, IT and many other areas. We're always looking for exceptional professionals interested in developing a strong career while collaborating to develop solutions for sustainable agriculture. Sound like a job for you?
Why work with us?
• Life at Monsanto means collaborating with dedicated professionals in a stimulating environment.
• Our people demonstrate our winning culture through positive and meaningful relationships.
• You will work with market leading brand products in a global organization.
• We provide competitive salaries, excellent benefits, and some of the best career development opportunities in the industry.
• Monsanto is named Great Place to Work in many countries around the world.
• Join our global team where your contribution will make a real difference!
A little about us:
At Monsanto, we believe that diverse perspectives solve big challenges and deliver a broad range of solutions to help nourish our growing world.