At Vivint Solar, we're changing the way people generate and consume power. We believe that people should have a choice between using outdated, dirty technologies and using innovative, clean solutions to produce the energy they use to live every day. That's why we're making it easy for millions of people nationwide to choose to go solar. Simply stated, we're doing work that really makes a difference.
To undertake such a huge task, we need a Quality & Safety (QS) Field Supervisor that will be a solid contributor and leader within the Quality & Safety organization. The Quality & Safety Field Supervisor reviews and inspects accounts on site both pre and post-installation to verify Standards surrounding SOP (standard operating procedure), LMS (learning management systems) , OSHA (Occupational Safety and Health Administration) , and NEC (National Electrical Code). QS Field Supervisors also have supervisory responsibilities over the QS Techs in a designated region.
- Performing daily field quality and safety audits
- Schedule quality and safety reviews with the homeowners utilizing the assistance of our scheduling team
- Using tools to verify that installation practices are up to company standards
- Perform site visits to ensure compliance to company and OSHA safety standards
- Ensuring install and safety integrity through follow up meetings with the Operations Manager and Installation Crews
- Using back end analytics to increase efficiency of installation and safety practices within the assigned markets
- Assist with training and new practice/product implementation
- Continual research and coordination with multidisciplinary teams within Vivint Solar organization
- Reporting back to leadership with findings that require additional review
- Answer process and procedural questions raised by QS Techs, Regional OM's, OM's, and install techs in your designated area
- Gather requested data for Sr. Manager, Directors, and VP's
- Train new QS Techs as they are hired
- Disseminate information to QS team members as requested
- Assist the Sr. Manager and Directors of Quality and Safety with other tasks as assigned
- Incredibly Detail oriented and impeccable organizational skills
- Impressive verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks simultaneously
- Ability to achieve set goals and independently monitor progress of said goals
- Adaptable to affect change in the work environment
- Ability to work in a team environment, as well as independently
- Ability to read and understand PV CAD designs
- An extremely discerning eye with an above average attention to detail
- Must be able to dictate and disseminate policy in an authoritative manner to cross functional groups
- Mastery of company policy, SOP's, NEC, and OSHA standards
- 3-5 years minimum experience in the photovoltaic industry in a relevant role
- Current Journeyman certification preferred but not required
- Mastery of solar installation practices, NEC codes, and OSHA standards
- 1-3 years minimum experience in a supervisory role
- 1-3 years experience enforcing company and regulatory (NEC, OSHA, etc) policy
Employees of Vivint Solar must submit to a criminal history check, motor vehicles check, drug screening, and obtain clearance from the state based upon the state requirements.
Vivint Solar, an equal opportunity employer, does not consider any protected traits (e.g. race, creed, color, religion, gender, national origin, non-job-related disability, age, or any other protected trait) when hiring-under federal, state and local laws.