Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
Technology works as a strategic partner with Morgan Stanley business units and the world's leading technology companies to redefine how we do business in ever more global, complex, and dynamic financial markets. Morgan Stanley's sizeable investment in technology results in quantitative trading systems, cutting-edge modelling and simulation software, comprehensive risk and security systems, and robust client-relationship capabilities, plus the worldwide infrastructure that forms the backbone of these systems and tools. Our insights, our applications and infrastructure give a competitive edge to clients' businesses-and to our own.
MS Wealth Management (MSWM) Technology
Morgan Stanley Wealth Management (MSWM) Technology is the global technology department responsible for the design, development, delivery and support of the technical solutions behind the products and services used by the Morgan Stanley Wealth Management (MSWM) business. The department is comprised of 10 organizations: Sales, Banking & Corporate-Client Technology, Investment Products & Markets Technology, Client Reporting, Core Processing, Private and International Wealth Management Technology, Technology Integration Office, Enterprise Infrastructure & Production Management, Capital Markets Application & Data Services, Deployment Planning & Release Management, and the Chief Operating Office. Morgan Stanley Wealth Management (MSWM) Technology works with large scale databases such as DB2 and SQL Server, proprietary and non-proprietary messaging software, a broad variety of vendor products, numerous financial exchanges and regulatory entities, and programming languages ranging from .Net and Java to Cobol and VB.Net.
Responsible for preparation and execution of QA Testing for projects that are sponsored by the Alternative Investments program development teams within Investment Solutions. Projects would include Approved Strategic and Tactical Projects, as well as BAU. Partner with Technology and Operations to ensure overall quality control / risk management. Assist management with preparation of decks and other meeting materials. Partner with Program Management teams to craft comprehensive set of USE CASES and TEST CASES as well as the full contingent of requirement project documentation during the life cycle of a project. Work with Training and Communication personnel to craft a game plan to ensure a smooth rollout to the field where applicable
- Work with Test Manager and other Test Analysts to plan and execute testing tasks
- Review requirement specifications, identify gaps, determine testability and testing implications
- Identify and create test scenarios, design and develop test scripts in Quality Center
- Prepare test plan and test scripts to test each software component and requirement.
- Participate in the test case Peer Review process
- Setup test conditions prior to script execution.
- Execute test scripts and document the results in Quality Center.
- Log defects in defect tracking system and follow entered defects through lifecycle of creation to resolution
- Work closely with business analysts, business subject matter experts and development teams to clarify and resolve testing issues
- Replicate issues and provide defect triage support
- Participate in test status meetings
- Perform tasks under minimal supervision
- Other testing/validation support as determined.
- 2-4 years' direct experience as a QA Tester focused on manual front end testing.
- Experience in Functional, Regression and Integration testing of web and client-server applications.
- Strong structured testing knowledge and thorough understanding of quality assurance testing applications and concepts.
- Proactively takes initiative and demonstrates a high level of accountability.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent combination of professional training and experience.
- Experience within an Agile/Scrum environment.
- Experience with HP QC
A little about us:
Since its founding in 1935, Morgan Stanley and its people have helped redefine the meaning of financial services.