WHAT CAN YOU TELL ME ABOUT THIS POSITION?
At The Hartford, everything we create is of the utmost quality. As a Quality Assurance professional here, you will have a passion for delivering exceptional customer experiences. As an integral part of our Quality Assurance team, you will provide validation, engineering, and testing for our various platforms including but not limited to Digital and Mobile applications. These applications are at the heart of our Customer experience and represent our iconic company. Your core responsibilities will include:
Qualifications: WHAT ARE THE QUALIFICATIONS?
- Supporting Software Development Life Cycle processes and deliverables.
- Demonstrate strong leadership and accountability for the quality.
- Support and utilize optimization levers for the programs and projects you are assigned to work on.
- Work with multiple vendors, IT leaders, and business teams to align business priorities and IT strategies
- Manage quality assurance delivery through thought leadership, hands on participation and collaboration.
- Manage defects and issues for multiple business applications and simultaneous work stream tracks
- Ensure and drive Code Quality through Dashboard Reports
- Accountable for risk identification, escalation and mitigation.
- Support RCA's/Lessons Learned actions for Defect Fallout
- Support Test Environment Coordination across your projects and programs
- Participate in creating code delivery schedule for QA environments
- Accountable for test Environment identification and readiness prior to code deploy.
- Assist in development and implementation of comprehensive QA test plans and cases; execute test cases and/or user stories; support Agile team deliverables
- Work with multiple Agile development teams to improve best practices in Quality Assurance and testing
- Drive the use of traditional and non-traditional automation tools
- Assist QA Test lead managing QA resources including vendors
- Provide thought leadership, best practice recommendations and implementation related to the field of testing.
- Champion Enterprise Quality initiatives.
- Accountable for quality of QA deliverables through regular auditing/review process.
- Provide thought leadership to the overall QA team on QA best practices and toolsets to help mature the overall QA process
- Serve as a mentor to Specialist- IT Quality ( a Junior position)
- Partner with Automation Test Engineer to design and execute automation test scripts
- Assist business and UAT teams in identifying the level of QA support required during UAT testing. Ensure best practices are documented in the test strategy and implemented throughout project life cycle.
- Provide support to Performance and DW teams with test case design, test data creation, and understand the design changes.
What criteria do we use to Assess, Hire, Develop & Reward our workforce?
- BS in Computer Science or technical degree and 2 years of experience
- Have a Passion for technology
- Have strong knowledge of Software Testing and Quality Assurance
- Have some experience with web and mobile platforms and testing applications running on various iOS platforms and devices
- Bring, solicit, and recommend creative ideas and have a good eye for detail
- Strong communication skills and ability to interact effectively at all levels
- Partner with technology teammates to design intelligent testing strategies
- Stay current with and are a thought leader in the testing industry
- Collaborate with local & off shore development & testing teams
- Able to complete assigned tasks with some supervision
- Solve complex problems and have a strong empathy for our users and customers
- Basic familiarity with automation technology (UFT, Selenium, QC/ALM)
- Conceptualize testing requirements based on both external and internal inputs
- Take a proactive, problem-solving/trouble-shooting approach to identifying and solving problems; not stopping at identifying the problem, but experiment using available information to try to narrow the possibilities and determine a suggested solution.
What Else Can You Tell Me?
- Data Analysis- Input, understand, analyze and act on data
- Business Owner Mindset- Operate with keen business knowledge, expense, risk & controls driven mindset
- Communication- Influence through a consultative approach
- Customer Driven- Focus on "Harvest" - (our enterprise continuous improvement effort), innovative problem solving, and efficient local decision making for continuous improvement
- Growth & Development- Maximize development of self and others
The Hartford is committed to the education and growth of our Information Technology Professionals. A number of IT Certifications are available to enhance your career and growth potential. IT Professionals at The Hartford may qualify for a stipend up to $1000 per year for additional certifications Behaviors at the Hartford
- Deliver Outcomes - Demonstrate a bias for speed and execution that serves our shareholders and customers.
- Operate as a Team Player - Work together to drive solutions for the good of The Hartford.
- Build Strong Partnerships - Demonstrate integrity and build trust with others.
- Strive for Excellence - Motivate yourself and others to achieve high standards and continuously improve.
Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity or Expression/Religion/Age
** NO AGENCIES PLEASE **