Top Three Skills:3-5 years of experience with:
1. Full knowledge of the SDLC
2. Defect management
3. Monitoring/auditing software development activities
** Must have a degree**
The Software Quality Process Analyst monitors, audits and verifies software development activities and work products throughout the software development lifecycle to ensure compliance to all contractual requirements and procedures as part of Federal Student Aid's Debt Management Collection System.
* Develop and implement software project quality plans that support the SDLC
* Review SDLC artifacts and work products
* Approve all SDLC deliverables based on QC reviews
* Report on activities, observations, recommendations, and actions taken for each release
* Participate in all phases of the SDLC to ensure plans and processes are followed
* Identify noncompliance issues, recommending corrective actions, and providing feedback on the results of quality assurance activities
* Track and develop trend analysis of documented software issues
* Develop metrics to measure performance and analyze for areas of improvement
* Monitor and audit software development activities from a quality perspective
* Identify critical issues and escalate them in a timely fashion
* Identify common gaps and suggest improvements
* All work to be performed on-site in Frederick, Maryland
* BS/BA (Bachelors) required, preferably in one of the following disciplines: Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Mathematics, Engineering
* Minimum of 5 years of experience with software quality methodologies, processes and standards
* Minimum of 3 years of experience in software quality supporting Government customers
* Proficiency in Microsoft Office products such as Word, Excel and PowerPoint is required to effectively conduct assessments, analyze data and construct presentations
* Demonstrated experience in requirements management and tracing, defect tracking and configuration management techniques
* Demonstrated experience with software quality metrics and their construction
* Understanding of current software quality assurance techniques and software industry standards and their impact on internal procedures and software quality
* Highly organized and methodical in approach
* Must be a US Citizen
* Experience using SharePoint
* Understanding and application of CMMI-DEV Level 3
* Working knowledge of configuration management concepts, processes and activities
* Experience handling ISO audits, corporate internal audits and various external audits
Join TEKsystems®, a leading IT staffing, IT talent management and IT services firm, and get your career on the fast track. We have more than 100 offices worldwide, and we partner with over 6,000 clients and place over 80,000 consultants per year. At TEKsystems, we seek to understand our consultants' skills, goals and interests, allowing us to present targeted job opportunities on a contract, contract-to-hire or direct placement basis. TEKsystems' leadership in the market stems from our sincere and personal commitment to driving the success of our customers, consultants and each other.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, such as the modification or adjustment of the job application process or interviewing process due to a disability, please call 888 472-3411 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for other accommodation options.
A little about us:
TEKsystems provides corporations with IT staffing, talent management expertise and IT services, enabling them to meet their business objective.