Provide testing support for the Mail Order Pharmacy applications (Web Windows and Mainframe) by defining testing strategies and executing system and regression tests.
This person will be responsible for providing testing support for LINKS application by defining testing strategies and executing system and regression tests. This person will be responsible for the following:
* Implement defined QA procedures to plan, design, implement, execute, evaluate and report results of software testing under minimal supervision for projects of all scopes.
* Implement defined QA procedures designed to avoid the creation of defects(e.g., requirements review) under minimal supervision for projects of all scopes.
* Obtain, maintain and document (application) system domain knowledge necessary to perform defined QA procedures efficiently and effectively.
* Working with QA Leads and application developers, to quickly capture the major business functions and technology underpinnings to be able to design and implement tests of system functionality that exercise all critical inter-system integration points.
* Perform non-management QA and testing tasks, throughout the SDLC (i.e., from pre-project initiation through post-project review and monitoring).
* Assist QA Leads building and maintaining the test environment and regressiontest bed.
* Be accountable for projects of high complexity, high risk, and high visibility; handle multiple projects of varied complexity simultaneously; provide feedback on and suggestions for improving QA Procedures to Project Leads and Technical Leads. Required Qualifications:
- Minimum of 1 year in the software industry successfully utilizing defined software development processes with at least demonstrated experience in applying QA/QC concepts and techniques within one or more application development methodologies in an object oriented environment; Experience implementing IS quality assurance efforts for small to medium projects;
- Hands on experience with HP suite of testing tools (Quality Center, Application Lifecycle Management, executing QTP/UFT automation scripts). Other tools accepted.
- Must have experience analyzing and decomposing requirements.
- Experience detailing test plans, test cases, tracking defects, reporting status to various levels in the organization. Preferred Qualifications:- Experience testing Mainframe and utilization of SQL preferred.
- Experience managing multiple projects or demands with some developmental experience preferred.
- Experience maintaining/developing HP QTP/UFT automation scripts.
- Knowledge of Java, Websphere, CICS, DB2, UDB, MQ Series, Unix/AIX.
- Detail oriented with excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated adaptability to change and respond to challenges in a changing environment, with the ability to work to strict deadlines and perform effectively in a team environment.
- Well organized, reliable and self-motivated in completion of tasks.
- Knowledge of the PBM industry and understanding of the Caremark system applications is a plus.
Education:Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent work experience required; two additional years of
experience are required for each year of college not attained.
Verifiable High School diploma or GED is required. Business Overview:
CVS Health, through our unmatched breadth of service offerings, is transforming the delivery of health care services in the U.S. We are an innovative, fast-growing company guided by values that focus on teamwork, integrity and respect for our colleagues and customers. What are we looking for in our colleagues? We seek fresh ideas, new perspectives, a diversity of experiences, and a dedication to service that will help us better meet the needs of the many people and businesses that rely on us each day. As the nation’s largest pharmacy health care provider, we offer a wide range of exciting and fulfilling career opportunities across our three business units – MinuteClinic, pharmacy benefit management (PBM) and retail pharmacy. Our energetic and service-oriented colleagues work hard every day to make a positive difference in the lives of our customers.
CVS Health is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate in hiring or employment against any individual on the basis of race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, religion, sex/gender (including pregnancy), national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, physical or mental disability, medical condition, age, veteran status, military status, marital status, genetic information, citizenship status, unemployment status, political affiliation, or on any other basis or characteristic prohibited by applicable federal, state or local law. CVS Health will consider qualified job candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with federal, state and local laws. CVS Health will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against any Colleague or applicant for employment because such Colleague or applicant has inquired about, discussed, or disclosed the compensation of the Colleague or applicant or another Colleague or applicant. Furthermore, we comply with the laws and regulations set forth in the following EEO is the Law Poster: EEO IS THE LAW
and EEO IS THE LAW SUPPLEMENT
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you require assistance to apply for this job, please contact us by clicking EEO AA CVS Health
CVS Health does not require nor expect that applicants disclose their compensation history during the application, interview, and hiring process.
For inquiries related to the application process or technical issues please contact the Kenexa Helpdesk at 1-855-338-5609. For technical issues with the Virtual Job Tryout assessment, contact the Shaker Help Desk at 1-877-987-5352. Please note that we only accept resumes via our corporate website: https://jobs.cvshealth.com/