Under general supervision and adhering to established procedures for quality assurance, test and analyze software components to ensure usability, applicability to the business environment and customer, and code accuracy during the software development life cycle including post-implementation/deployment phase.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Participate in all aspects of the Software Development Lifecycle including functional and technical design meetings and walk-throughs
- Prepare test plans and test cases to ensure the product adheres to the system/application requirements.
- Develop and execute manual scripts to support testing requirements.
- Create testing data based on the business requirements.
- Perform assigned tests to ensure code is functioning as defined.
- Offer ideas and insight on system and application requirements and the associated effort required for quality assurance.
- Analyze testing output based upon predefined input. Document and communicate test results to senior team members.
- Document functional and technical errors and participate in the correction and retesting of the items.
- Help with reviews of system and application requirements (functional specifications) for quality and completeness
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or equivalent.
Job Related Experience:
- Minimum 3 years of experience in software quality assurance testing.
- Some exposure to coding
- Knowledge of Java Script is a must
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Good mainframe and/or distributed testing skills, knowledge of protocols, database file structures and exposure to both on-line and batch based systems.
- Functional and systems regression test experience.
- Strong SQL Query creation skill.
- Basic knowledge of DB2, SQL Server or Oracle.
- Strong knowledge of MS Office.
- Automation skills preferred.
- General office environment
- Stressful situations may occur regularly
- No special physical requirement
- Occasional travel required (less than 10%)
A little about us: