Sysco Associate Apply - Click Here
Zip Code: 99501
Minimum Level of Education: High School or Equivalent
Minimum Years of Experience: 1
Position Type: Non-Exempt
Travel Percentage: 0
More information about this job:
At Sysco, we offer our associates the opportunity to grow personally and professionally, to contribute to the success of a dynamic organization, and to serve others in a manner that exceeds their expectations. We are looking for talented, hard-working individuals to join our team. Come grow with us and let us show you why good things really do come from Sysco.
This position is responsible for monitoring the quality of perishable products in the warehouse on an ongoing basis, maintaining inventory records and produces inventory reports for buyers and management, inputting orders through data entry while performing extensive customer service duties, and performing other related duties as required. Regularly exercises discretion and independent judgment in performing duties directly related to the general operation of produce quality control.
This position is a full-time position scheduled regularly from 1:30am to 10:00am with some overtime (dependent on season).
An individual must be able to satisfactorily perform each essential duty listed below. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Essential Skills and Knowledge:
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence plus interpret and explain inventory and sales reports
- Must be exceptionally detailed orientated with strong organizational skills
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of internal customers or associates of an organization
- Possess specific knowledge of company’s range of products and/or quick learner
- Must have exemplary listening skills to facilitate effective two-way communication
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals
- Strong problem solving skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Possess physical strength necessary to unload and restock
- Must be able to read, write and speak English
- Check produce in slots on a daily basis to make certain product that is set up for shipping is up to acceptable standards
- Daily counting of all inventory, analyzing sales records and inventory reports and comparing them to physical inventory
- Communicate with buyers all quality issues and assists them in resolving them to ensure the customer receives the highest quality products possible
- Ensure products are being rotated properly during daily slot checking, and communicate any problems with rotation to the stockers and/or supervisors responsible
- Monitor variance reports for accurate accounting of spoilage, warehouse damage, truck damage, etc.
- Inspect warehoused product and document product condition
- Communicate regularly with necessary parties on the company’s status on product quality
- Analyze, identify, and propose action to the solution of problems associated with Quality Assurance
- Observe all safety rules, regulations, and sanitation policies
- Reports and discrepancies to operations and general manager
- Maintains cleanliness and organization of the warehouse
- Works with management to brainstorm ways to reduce inventory discrepancy and possible theft or “shrink.”
- Uses computerized inventory software to record, track, and maintain all inventory related data.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- 1 to 3 years in an inventory or similarly detail orientated profession
To be successful in this position, the individual performing the duties must successfully demonstrate the following competencies:
- Adaptability - Adapts to changes in the work environment; Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
- Attendance/Punctuality - Is consistently at work and on time; Arrives at meetings and appointments on time.
- Dependability - Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Takes responsibility for own actions; Keeps commitments; Commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals; Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
- Ethics - Treats people with respect; inspires the trust of others; Works with integrity and ethically; Upholds organizational values.
- Initiative - Asks for and offers help when needed.
- Interpersonal Skills - Focuses on solving conflict, not blaming; Maintains confidentiality.
- Motivation - Demonstrates persistence and overcomes obstacles; Measures self against standard of excellence.
- Organizational Support - Follows policies and procedures.
- Planning/Organizing - Uses time efficiently.
- Professionalism - Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; Accepts responsibility for own actions; Follows through on commitments.
- Quality - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Applies feedback to improve performance; Monitors own work to ensure quality.
- Quantity - Meets productivity standards; Completes work in timely manner; Strives to increase productivity; Works quickly.
- Safety and Security - Observes safety and security procedures; Determines appropriate action beyond guidelines; Reports potentially unsafe conditions; Uses equipment and materials properly.
- Teamwork - Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and talk or hear. The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 50 -75 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to wet, hot, extreme cold and/or humid conditions; moving mechanical parts. The employee is frequently exposed to high, precarious places. The employee is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
Sysco is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.
Employment Type: Full Time