Kronos is the global leader in workforce management solutions that enable organizations to control labor costs, minimize compliance risk, and improve workforce productivity. Tens of thousands of organizations in 100 countries - including more than half the Fortune 1000 - use Kronos time and attendance, scheduling, absence management, HR and payroll, hiring, and labor analytics applications. Kronos customers include enterprises large and small across diverse industries worldwide including retail, hospitality, healthcare, manufacturing, public sector, services, and distribution.
Kronos is a privately held company and was founded in 1977. Headquartered in Chelmsford, Massachusetts, Kronos employs more than 4,000 people worldwide.
Kronos is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and is committed to maintaining a diverse and inclusive work environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, physical or mental disability, age, or veteran status or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law. Responsibilities:
The successful candidate for this role will have expertise in engineering tools, methods and practices so that he/she can lead the technical agenda for the Quality Engineering organization. This is a high profile individual contributor position that includes project & technical negotiations, presentations, delivering white papers and influencing engineers, architects, managers, executives and customers. This position features a global dimension as you will play a pivotal role collaborating with peers in our development organizations around the world that results in improving our ability to deliver leading edge applications that meet or exceed customers' expectations.
- Lead the Engineering organization in growing its quality, testing and performance practices.
- Develop and maintain domain, product and process knowledge to directly influence engineering practices that improve product quality, software engineering productivity and development process maturity.
- Work with technical support, professional services and customers to help them understand Kronos products and how Kronos practices ensure delivery of high quality solutions.
- Collaborate with engineering architects, product managers and engineering teams in implementing best practices in software testing and influencing 'building in' testability during all phases of the software development lifecycle (SDLC).
- Design, develop, review and approve test strategy for product headlines or features.
- Design, develop and review test automation tools, frameworks and infrastructure.
- Contribute to the implementation of automation principles across the Engineering team, bringing technology innovation into our development and test practices and supporting the adoption of new technologies and tools.
- Drive test effectiveness and efficiency throughout the team.
- Drive research of industry trends and apply best practices in quality engineering.
- Exhibit a high degree of skill in the environment of matrix management and influence teams in other geographies implementing new initiatives and rolling out new tools and practices..
- Mentor and influence QA teams across the organization towards long term goals on capability building.
- Provide consulting services on techniques to achieve quality goals through education, training, coaching and collaboration.
- Keep current on new technologies and make recommendations on future directions for quality engineering as well as applying the latest techniques and industry information as appropriate.
- Bachelors in Computer Science/ Engineering or related discipline.
- 14+ years of software engineering experience, preferably in product organization distributed across the globe.
- 3+ years of hands on development experience desired.
- Deep understanding of testing concepts, tools & processes including expertise in various types of tests at a SaaS or Cloud company.
- Experience with API, GUI, installing automation tools and scripting languages
- Demonstrated experience designing scalable and maintainable automated testing solutions for distributed enterprise environments.
- Demonstrated technical leadership skills including self-direction, coaching and mentoring, leading change in tools or practices across all levels of an organization.
- Demonstrated ability to learn and apply new technology, tools and process.
- Strong understanding web technologies and hands on programming skills in Java
- Experience delivering cloud or SaaS based offerings.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated collaborative and mentoring skills.
- Experience in DBMS, SQL, Stored Procedures, and knowledge of database schemas.
- Expertise in working with web applications in an Agile environment.
A little about us:
At Kronos, we believe great businesses are powered by great people.