Join our team and experience Workday!
It's fun to work in a company where people truly believe in what they're doing. At Workday, we're committed to bringing passion and customer focus to the business of enterprise applications. We work hard, and we're serious about what we do. But we like to have a good time, too. In fact, we run our company with that principle in mind every day: One of our core values is fun.Job Description
The Workday Quality team is seeking innovative individuals who are passionate about quality and technology; people who want to work with up-to-date tool sets and modern testing methodologies. We put heavy emphasis and value on testing. We design and build our own test tools, which has helped us to achieve unparalleled customer satisfaction over the years. We are an innovator in the enterprise software space and, as a result, are able to consistently present our quality engineers with new learning and development opportunities.
This position requires a self-motivated professional with dynamic, hands-on functional QA testing experience. Candidates are expected to plan, design, and review test specifications and ensure full coverage based on functional specifications and requirements documents. This individual will be expected to manually test and also convert the functional tests into an automated system. This individual will be a primary contributor to the test effort for our Workday Enterprise Business Services offerings and, therefore, should be well versed in the QA of Enterprise Applications.
- Develop test plans and testware for capabilities of our Payroll Product, emphasis on U.S. Payroll
- Execute testware during formal test periods for every Workday update
- Assist in determining test methodology and test data setup
- Diagnose problems and report bugs and enhancements to Development
- Interact effectively with Product Management and Development
- Provide regular status against test plans
- Build regression and acceptance test scenarios
- 5+ years of quality assurance experience, preferably in enterprise software applications
- 5+ years Payroll software application experience
- Strong functional knowledge in U.S. Payroll, including: Taxation, Garnishment, FLSA, Retro and Reporting
- Experience with Canadian Payroll is a plus
- Experience with integrations with 3rd party payroll vendors is a plus, including matching output produced by the integrations to published specifications
- Proven experience with delivering high quality software products within a full development life-cycle
- A college degree in Business, Computer Science or equivalent work experience
- Test Automation experience is a plus
- Clear and effective communication skills
- Attitude and aptitude to be successful in a growing company
Workday is a leading provider of enterprise cloud applications for finance and human resources. Founded in 2005, Workday delivers financial management, human capital management, and analytics applications designed for the world's largest companies, educational institutions, and government agencies. Organizations ranging from medium-sized businesses to Fortune 50 enterprises have selected Workday.
Workday is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. Individuals seeking employment at Workday are considered without regards to age, ancestry, color, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, mental or physical disability, national origin, protected family care or medical leave status, race, religion (including beliefs and practices or the absence thereof), sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
Further, pursuant to applicable local ordinances, Workday will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
We do not accept resumes from headhunters, placement agencies, or other suppliers that have not signed a formal agreement with us.
Workday is a leading provider of enterprise cloud applications for finance and human resources. Founded in 2005, Workday delivers financial management, human capital management, and analytics applications designed for the world’s largest companies, educational institutions, and government agencies. Organizations ranging from medium-sized businesses to Fortune 50 enterprises have selected Workday.