For more than 30 years, our Management Development Program has developed the future leaders of the manufacturing side of our business. This program allows you to embark on a personal and professional development experience a classroom can’t offer.
As a Quality Assurance Management Trainee, you’ll be immersed in a highly technical and quality-driven production environment to play a key role in achieving our standards of continuous improvement and manufacturing excellence. Through a well-designed rotation of our factory functions, you’ll learn our operations, how they apply to quality assurance and how quality assurance interacts with other factory functions, such as production, engineering, information systems, supply chain, finance and human resources. Collaborating with your mentor and peers is essential in this role, as they will help you leverage your new business knowledge to assure quality standards for the duration of your program experience.
Following the program, you’ll have the opportunity to continue your leadership and functional development at one of our 20 production facilities spread across the U.S.
We’re a global organization known widely as a ‘Best Place to Work’. Our culture continuously dares us to stand taller and ask “what’s next?” Are you up to the dare?
* Military veterans, we are proud of our military veteran associates and do consider military experience. Having obtained E-4 level or above is preferred for this role, but is not required. Please apply for full consideration.
• Perform quality assurance and control functions for production, QA, and food safety employees
• Demonstrate mastery of the Nestlé Quality Management System via a detailed training report
• Contribute to continuous improvement during factory and QA department trainings
• Collaborate with the QA staff to improve their portion of the two-year Training & Development plan and six-week QA Analyst training checklist
• Gain experience working with all three shifts and participate in shift meetings
• Prepare presentations and be able to serve as a tour guide for visitors
Perform all other duties as assigned
BASIC QUALIFICATIONS (Minimum):
• B. S. in Food Science, Chemistry, Microbiology, Biology or other scientific disciplines or expected to attain by June 2017
• Minimum 2.5 cumulative GPA
Must be conscientious with high cognitive ability and possess initiative, responsibility, leadership potential and a strong work ethic. Must be willing to relocate to a Nestlé Purina location upon completion of the program
*PLUSES: Military experience, prior co-op or practicum experience; manufacturing experience; student organization or other leadership experience
Note: This position does not provide sponsorship for employment status (e.g. H-1B, OPT, visa status). You must have the legal right to work in the United States now and in the future.
Davenport, IA; Crete, NE; Clinton, IA
We aim to make discoveries that better the lives of pets everywhere through the highest-quality production of pet food, snacks and litter. Pets are our passion. Safety is our promise. Progress is our pledge.