Ben & Jerry's Homemade Inc., started in 1978 in a renovated gas station in Burlington, Vermont, USA, founded by childhood friends and dedicated activists Ben Cohen and Jerry Greenfield. In 2000 Ben & Jerry’s became a wholly-owned subsidiary of Unilever whilst maintaining an independent Board of Directors to provide leadership focused on preserving and expanding Ben & Jerry's social mission, brand integrity, and product quality. Nowadays our products are distributed in 35 countries in supermarkets, grocery stores, convenience stores, franchise Ben & Jerry’s Scoop Shops, restaurants and other venues.
At Ben & Jerry’s we have an inspiring ambition. We aim to pioneer our ‘linked prosperity business model’ to advance the global movement for social and economic justice while growing our sales to one billion € by 2020. Therefore we are expanding rapidly in Europe as well as in new markets in Asia and Latin America. This translates into a high-paced growth environment where we bring our grassroots and activist spirit every day. That is how we remain a true values-led organization with a connected 3 part mission, which you will find reflected in your goals and aspirations:
1) Social mission: to initiate innovative ways to improve the quality of life locally, nationally and internationally
2) Product mission: to make and distribute the finest quality all natural and super premium ice-cream and euphoric concoctions
3) Economic mission: to operate the Company on a sustainable financial basis of profitable growth
It takes a variety of people and disciplines to navigate this odyssey. Interested in joining our mission to fill store shelves with our ice cream? Our Vermont Manufacturing team is currently looking for a Quality Assurance Manager to support our two local sites in Vermont.
Reporting to the site Supply Leader, and managing a team of 14 employees, the Quality Manager has overall responsibility for managing site wide consumer safety and quality program implementation and continuous improvement. Following HACCP processes, Unilever Corporate policies, and Ben & Jerry’s initiatives, the QA Manager oversees the site quality agenda, World Class Manufacturing (WCM) quality pillar programs, and participates as a part of the site leadership team.
Essential Job Function/Duties:
· Establish, lead, and deliver Quality systems for the site
· Act as the subject matter expert on decisions related to quality programs and processes
· Provide technical information/feedback related to product inquires or complaints
· Manage microbiological concerns
· Ensure all products meet or surpass defined quality standards
· Drive continuous improvement through WCM programming
· Collaborate with production departments on awareness and training
· Ensure good manufacturing practices are in place at all times; set example and champion SHE initiatives
· Responsible for food safety programs
· Participate as part of site leadership team
· Hire, develop, and manage quality team
· Support regional and export markets to ensure quality standards and regulatory requirements are met
· Support BJ GVS and RVS quality improvements and leverage best practice
· Other projects and duties as assigned
· Bachelor’s Degree in Food Science, Microbiology, or other applicable field required
· Must have a minimum of 3 years of supervisory/lead experience in manufacturing environment; food manufacturing preferred
· Ability to work with people from differing backgrounds collaboratively is required
· Must have a minimum of 3 years of quality assurance experience
· Demonstrated knowledge, skills and abilities through experience in production, quality, or materials management is required
· Must have experience in WCM, Six Sigma, Lean Manufacturing, or other continuous improvement program
· Strong communication skills with the ability to influence others through a matrixed environment is required
· Must have the ability to manage project and project teams from inception to completion including hitting deadlines and documenting progress
· Working knowledge of Overall Equipment Effectiveness (OEE) and ability to drive improvements using the Loss Tree is required
· Familiarity with HAACP and other QA regulations preferred
Unilever offers a competitive compensation package which includes: Medical & Dental Plans, Life Insurance, including eligible spouses, domestic partners & children; Health Care Flexible Spending, Dependent Care, 401k Savings Plans, Tuition Reimbursement, Paid Vacation and Holidays.
Unilever is an equal opportunity employer. It prohibits discrimination based on age, color, disability, marital or parental status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status or any other legally protected status in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.
Employment is subject to verification of pre-employment drug-screening results and background investigation.
A little about us:
With more than 400 brands focused on health and wellbeing, no company touches so many people’s lives in so many different ways.