About the Opportunity
As a Quality Assurance Specialist at Pitney Bowes, you thrive on meeting the company's mailing productivity standards and you deliver with precision. You see opportunities where others see challenges. Build. Deploy. Bridge. Grow.
In this role, you'll join our Presort Service team in West Sacramento, CA. You will be responsible for:Responsibilities
- Fans through the mail to check quality. Reviews for legibility correct date and postage, proper endorsement, class and complete address information.
- Organizes the mail by separating the mail that has been quality checked from mail that has not been checked. Identifies mail to be processed, grouping by letters, flats and postcards.
- Recognizes MLOCR (Multi Line Optical Character Reader) compatible mail,overweights, Fast-forward and non-Fast-forward mail to organize for proper processing.
- Reviews each mail try prior to forwarding to MLOCR's (Multi Line Optical Character Reader).
- Identifies customers' mail by using meter lists and other tools.
- Assists in other departments and performs other duties as assigned or needed.
- 6-12 months previous experience working with the mail and USPS requirements.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with frequent interruptions, work effectively under pressure and have strong organizational skills
- Ability to compare and read numbers and customer name and instructions.
- Knowledge of Multi Line Optical Character Reader mail compatibility requirements.
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs., with or without accommodations.
- Ability to walk, stand, stoop, and bend 80% of the time with or without accommodations.
- Based on operational need; must have a flexible schedule to work overtime, which may include weekends, holiday, and/or a different shift with limited or no advance notice.
- Candidates must have a basic enough understanding of English to be able to understand and follow safety and other operational directions communicated in English, irrespective of their native language.
Our Presort Services team is a national outsource provider of mail presort services for first-class and standard-class mail in the U.S. and a workshare partner of the United States Postal Service (USPS). Our Presort Services network provides mailers with end-to-end solutions from pick up at their location to delivery into the postal system. Through our network of 33+ U.S. locations, and with our fully customized proprietary technology, we process approximately 15 billion pieces of mail annually and are able to expedite delivery and optimize postage savings for our clients.
Pitney Bowes is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer that values diversity and inclusiveness in the workplace.W/M/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities/LGBT are encouraged to apply.
All interested individuals must apply online. Individuals with disabilities who cannot apply via our online application should refer to the alternate application options via our Individuals with Disabilities link.