Background & Purpose of the Job
This position supports, conducts and monitors daily quality activities at one of Unilever’s largest ice cream manufacturing facility. The position directs Quality Assurance Technicians in daily functions. Receives functional guidance and direction from the Quality Manager in accomplishing assigned duties. Also follows direction from Production Supervisors/Managers where there is no conflict in procedure or policy. The QA Supervisor may be required to work on any shift to support the needs of the business, and also on weekends. The incumbent will be required to provide support for trouble shooting quality issues. Key Responsibilities
• Oversee day to day operations of the lab.
• Assist QA Manager in assessing training and development needs related to quality program.
• Manages and ensures compliance with the quality management system through communication, training, and internal audit at all levels.
• Provide additional technical resources to the plant as assigned.
• Utilize SPC as a VIP tool to drive performance and consistency.
• Supports all external audits conducted by FDA, Nevada Department of Agriculture and third party audits.
• Knowledge within sanitation and CIP systems to support trouble shooting requirements.
• Supports sanitation cleaning validation and allergen validation.
• Supports innovation funnel activities within the supply chain.
• Track and trend consumer complaint data to ensure focused improvement within gaps.
• Trend environmental data to ensure facility safety.
• Understanding internal and external customer needs and regulatory requirements.
• Reports and communicates results, issues and improvements to relevant stakeholders.
• Manages and reports incidents in line with Unilever incident management procedures.
• Working knowledge of Unilever safety and environmental policies and guidelines.
• Abreast of current safety and environmental activities and actions.
• Hardware, Software, Mindware development tracking.
• Understands the role and importance of the internal customer in delivering to the external customer.
• Defines and deploys standards and controls via a continually improving quality management system.
• Ability to become HAZWOPER certified, be an emergency response member and have knowledge of the EAP (emergency Action Plan). Challenges:
1. Insure compliance with regulatory, Unilever policies and guidelines, and GMP requirements.
2. Plan, organize, direct, train and motivate a diverse workforce to optimize performance.
3. Adapting TPM principles and processes into existing plant operations to achieve consistency with WCM requirements and measurable improvement in site KPIs.
4. Ongoing identification and implementation of cost reduction through SPC data to deliver consistency and improved performance.
5. Develop and maintain consumer complaint data to understand function both internally and externally supporting brand build ownership and sales. Scope of Work:
- Responsible for lab technicians.
- Must be able to work across multiple shifts and multiple shift schemes.
- Responsible for setting the direction and change efforts. Influencing the leadership team and WCM Pillar to accomplish site goals will be an integral requirement of this position.
- Maintain operational knowledge of various IT support systems.
- Improve Team delivery of safety and quality KPI’s within plant to reduce cost.
- Bachelor degree in food science or a related field.
- At least 3 years’ experience in related discipline; management level experience preferred.
- Computer proficient (MS Office tools); SAP a plus
- Knowledgeable of HACCP, FSSC22000, SQF requirements
- Dairy or Ice Cream Experience a plus
Unilever offers a competitive compensation package which includes: Medical & Dental Plans, Life Insurance, including eligible spouses, domestic partners & children; Health Care Flexible Spending, Dependent Care, Retirement & Savings Plans, Tuition Reimbursement, Paid Vacation and Holidays.
Please note: as part of the job application, you will be asked to complete pre-screening questions. Completion of the pre-screening questions are mandatory in order to be considered. Please allow yourself plenty of time to complete both the application and pre-screening questions. If the pre-screening questions are partially answered or not at all, it will adversely affect the progress of your application. Please be aware that you will have to complete the pre-screening questions at once as you will be unable to return to it later.
Unilever is an organization committed to diversity and inclusion to drive our business results and create a better future every day for our diverse employees, global consumers, partners, and communities. We believe a diverse workforce allows us to match our growth ambitions and drive inclusion across the business.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Persons with Disabilities
Applicants and employees are protected from discrimination under Federal law. For more information, please see EEO is the Law
Employment is subject to verification of pre-employment drug-screening results and background investigation.