Quality Assurance Supervisor
We are actively seeking a Quality Assurance Supervisor to support our Covington, TN factory location. The mission of the Quality Assurance Supervisor is to support the implementation and maintenance of solid quality systems for the manufacture of Unilever ice cream products. Support the plant in the identification of quality related issue and lead the development of continuous improvement plans. Analyze and report quality trends to the organization while driving the plant objectives of quality, safety, productivity and customer service.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist in managing and coordinating the quality system and each of its elements. Provide training and develop documentation to drive quality in the factory. Ensure that all internal and external specifications are being met and all product is food safe.
- Manage sampling plans, rework requirements for quality holds in the plant including raw materials, WIP and Finished Products.
- Support the plant HACCP and quality systems initiatives focusing on continuous improvement.
- Cooperates with other management personnel in formulating and establishing company policies, operating procedures, and goals.
- Reviews technical problems and procedural issue of departments and recommend solutions to problems or changes in procedures.
- Define Statistical Process Control methods for use in setting targets and limits for operational areas. Manage and train plant in statistical methods for the analysis of production operations.
- Provide direction and training for facility compliance to all quality programs, policies, and procedures.
- Analyze and report consumer information to the factory, including top plant controllable consumer complaint analysis by product category, consumer complaint rates per million units sold and all other pertinent consumer information trends.
- Coordinates and assists in the performance of equipment capability studies.
- Participate on TPM QM pillar and 1 other pillar team.
- Interprets, applies and enforces all company policies, programs, rules, regulations, and safety rules.
- Supports and participates in safety activities to achieve departmental and plant wide goals and objectives.
- Adheres to all company policies, programs, rules, regulations, and safety rules.
- B achelor's degree in Microbiology is required.
- A minimum of 3 yeas related experience and / or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Unilever offers a competitive compensation package which includes: Medical & Dental Plans, Life Insurance, including eligible spouses, domestic partners & children; Health Care Flexible Spending, Dependent Care, Retirement & Savings Plans, Tuition Reimbursement, Paid Vacation and Holidays.
Please Note: As part of the job application, you will be asked to complete an online assessment. Completion of the assessment is mandatory in order to be considered. Please allow yourself plenty of time to complete both the application and assessment. If the assessment is filled out partially or not at all, it will adversely affect the progress of your application. Please be aware that you will have to complete the assessment at once as you will be unable to return to it later.
Unilever is an organization committed to diversity and inclusion to drive our business results and create a better future every day for our diverse employees, global consumers, partners, and communities. We believe a diverse workforce allows us to match our growth ambitions and drive inclusion across the business.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Persons with Disabilities.
Applicants and employees are protected from discrimination under Federal law. For more information, please see EEO is the Law.
Employment is subject to verification of pre-employment drug-screening results and background investigation.
A little about us:
With more than 400 brands focused on health and wellbeing, no company touches so many people’s lives in so many different ways.