Quality Assurance Technician
Quality Assurance Technician
The primary function of this position is to ensure product quality and food safety and to monitor and perform the daily Quality Control & Assurance activities in the Laboratory and Production environment. Work closely with operations personnel including production supervisors in matters relating to product quality and food safety. Support Safety, Health & Environmental initiatives as required.
• Perform required quantitative and qualitative product & ingredient analyses and maintain accurate reporting. Review, monitor and take appropriate action regarding production processes to ensure conformance with critical factors, specification and plant and regulatory policies.
• Review and report on summary production data as it relates to food safety, quality and efficiency. Utilize SAP-QM and SPC as analytical tool and WCM (World Class Manufacturing as Continuous Improvement process) as key drivers of our loss reduction process.
• Assist Quality Supervision in the development and implementation of food safety and quality programs and the evaluation of customer complaints. Participate in making recommendations to Plant Leadership regarding quality and production system improvements.
• Participate on FI teams in solving product/process losses with R&D, Engineering, Production supervisors and operators utilizing SPC, WCM or other appropriate problem solving methods.
• Provide training to plant operations personnel on Quality programs to promote the safe and cost-effective production of quality product.
• Maintain timely, accurate and complete reporting of routine and pertinent information to Quality management and other interested parties.
• Work with product/process development to establish formulation methods that ensure the production of consistent quality products. Review new and revised product formulae to ensure that they conform to quality standards and are capable of meeting specification.
• Responsible for verifying the accuracy and appropriateness of in-process formulae, specifications and testing procedures and initiating changes as required.
• Lead the sensory evaluation of in-process materials and finished products and make the necessary formula modifications as required to maintain or improve product quality as a consequence of ingredient or process variations.
• Perform and document periodic sanitation and safety audits and make recommendations to management for improvement.
• Monitor reprocessing and repackaging operations.
• Active participation on plant safety committee. Promotes Safety, Health and Environmental policies and programs.
• Incumbent is responsible for conforming to the Company's EEO Policy and Affirmative Action commitments directly related to this position. The company is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity under which each manager's EEO and Affirmative Action responsibility ranks with other key areas of responsibilities.
• This position reports to the Manager of Quality and receives functional guidance from Quality supervision.
• This position will provide functional support to Production, Maintenance and R&D personnel in matters relating to product quality and food safety at the plant.
• Internal contacts include plant leadership team, supervisors and other personnel from Production, Warehouse, R&D, Logistics, Finance, and Human Resources.
• External contacts include corporate Category Quality, GQE, MET, Suppliers and Customers
B.S. in Food Science or related science degree.
1-2 years’ experience in QA/QC for a food manufacturing operation preferred.
• Familiar with quality/food safety programs including HACCP, SSOP, Integrated Pest Management, FDA cGMP, TPM, WCM, Statistics including SPC and SAP/Interspec preferred. Computer skill with MS Office –excel, word required.
• The ideal candidate will be able to perform basic microbiological sampling & testing and basic wet chemistry titration.
Unilever offers a competitive compensation package which includes: Medical & Dental Plans, Life Insurance, including eligible spouses, domestic partners & children; Health Care Flexible Spending, Dependent Care, 401k Savings Plans, Tuition Reimbursement, Paid Vacation and Holidays.
Please note: as part of the job application, you will be asked to complete an online assessment. Completion of the assessment is mandatory. In order to be considered, please allow yourself plenty of time to complete both the application and assessment. If the assessment is filled out partially or not at all, it will adversely affect the progress of your application. Please be aware that you will have to complete the assessment at once as you will be unable to return to it later.
Unilever is an organization committed to diversity and inclusion to drive our business results and create a better future every day for our diverse employees, global consumers, partners, and communities. We believe a diverse workforce allows us to match our growth ambitions and drive inclusion across the business.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Persons with Disabilities
Applicants and employees are protected from discrimination under Federal law. For more information, please see EEO is the Law .
Employment is subject to verification of pre-employment drug-screening results and background investigation.