The Quality Assurance Technician acts as contributor to plants Quality Assurance team. Responsible for ensuring safety and quality of products. Conducts sampling, analysis, and inspection of finished products, raw materials, ingredients, and manufacturing environment. Monitors and controls manufacturing processes. Ensures plant compliance with government regulations, company policies, and industry standards. Identifies non-conformances and takes appropriate corrective action. Works independently with little supervision and adheres tithe highest standards of ethical and legal conduct. Position Responsibilities Function Specific Activities Perform sampling and physical, chemical, and microbiological testing of finished products and raw materials. The Quality Assurance Technician reports to: Quality Manager.Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
Function Specific Activities:
- Conduct environmental sampling and analysis to monitor facility sanitation.
- Inspect finished products, raw materials, supplies, equipment, personnel, and facilities for adherence to quality specifications, current Good Manufacturing Practices, and sanitation.
- Communicate effectively and thoroughly to management and peers any test results or inspection findings outside of specifications.
- Manage product hold and release system.
- Identify non-conformances in quality or practices and take or recommend appropriate corrective action within scope of knowledge.
- Conduct all laboratory testing with accuracy and integrity and ensures that it is accomplished in compliance with all federal, state, and company policies and procedures.
- Operate, monitor, and control water process systems including Ultra-violet lights, zonation process, Reverse Osmosis filtration process, distillation process, sub-micron filtration process, pumps, valves, instrumentation, and mineral mixing/addition process. Read gauges, meters, chart recorders, and controller readouts and record data.
- Keep accurate, complete, and legible records. Properly amend, identify, and file records.
- Safely handle/use chemicals, biological agents, and waste. Potentially including hazardous materials. Read, understand, and maintain material safety data sheets.
- Conduct housekeeping and general labor duties as assigned.
- Prepare laboratory media and reagents.
- Conduct clerical duties including copying, filing, faxing, data entry, and document reproduction.
- Transfer product testing results from paper records to system database (SAP) General Activities Take action to improve one's own knowledge and skills.
- Protect the confidentiality of company, supplier, and customer information.
- Comply with all Safety, Environmental, Security, and Good Manufacturing Practice policies.
- Comply with job procedures and supervisor instructions.
- Ensure the safety and security of self, coworkers, product, and property.
- Establish relationships and work effectively with Alco-workers at all levels and relevant contractors/suppliers/customers. Successfully complete all company and government required training.
- Adhere to laboratory and company ethical and legal conduct standards.
- Operate personal computer. Utilize software including word processing, spreadsheets, and inventory control systems.
- Basic Microbiology-Basic knowledge of food and water microbiology used to make judgments about the safety of ingredients, beverages, manufacturing techniques, packaging, and storage conditions.
- Basic Analytical Chemistry-Knowledge of qualitative and quantitative chemical analysis.
- This includes preparation, separation, detection, and other techniques and applying concepts of precision and accuracy. It also includes understanding new developments in the field and their effect on our products, ingredients and packaging materials.
- Applied Reading-The ability to read, understand, and apply standard written text in English that may or may not be written in traditional sentence form such as letters, memos, or manuals to complete job tasks. Basic Arithmetic Computation-The ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide whole numbers, fractions, and decimals.
- This also includes the ability to computations and percentages.
- Data Entry-The ability to enter data using a keyboarder keypad. Using Personal Computer. The ability to operate relevant personal computing hardware; ability to learn relevant personal computing hardware (e.g., personal computers, printers, and storage media) and standard software programs (e.g., word processing, graphics packages, spreadsheets\databases, SAP).
- This includes maintaining current knowledge and keeping up with new releases irrelevant programs. File Management -Ability to develop organized filing system for maintaining and retrieving departmental records and documentation (i.e., correspondence, reference materials and notes).Document Management-Ability to create, approve, track and file documents and records in compliance with The Coca-Cola Quality System or other formal guidelines. Water Filtration /Treatment- Knowledge of the basic chemistry of water, foreign materials (e.g. Microbiological and other contaminants) found in water, and filtration or means of effectively removing contaminants or impurities. Includes knowledge of water standards (e.g., NSF, EPA) and their functionality.
- Ability to select and integrate water filtration equipment to achieve a cost effective solution to removal of water impurities affecting beverage taste or dispensing. This may include the ability to design and operate water facilities.
- Calibration-Ability to measure instrument variations and apply corrections for ensuring the accuracy and precision of an instrument or measurement tool. Laboratory Practices-Knowledge and application of Good Laboratory Practices (e.g. handling of chemicals and glassware, preparation of standards and reagents, proper measuring techniques, data management, housekeeping).
- Laboratory Testing-Knowledge of packaging and equipment test procedures, measurement devices, reporting methods, and understand TCCC Design and Performance Criteria.
- High School Diploma. College or technical school training is desirable.
- Experience: Minimum of one year work experience in an industrial or laboratory environment required.
- Ability to achieve demonstration of capability for all required laboratory tests.
- Ability to read, write, and comprehend English. GENERAL COMPETENCIES Attention to Detail
- Accomplishing tasks by considering all areas involved, no matter how small; showing concern for all aspects of the job; accurately checking processed and task; being watchful over a period of time. Contributing to Team Success - Actively participating as a committed member of a team and working with other team members to help complete goals and deliverables.
- Ability to move throughout the plant including around machinery, under conveyor, climb stairs and ladders. Position requires frequent walking, stooping, bending, twisting, and ability to stand for up to12 hours.
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs. to shoulder height. Full capability to see, taste, and smell product. Ability to distinguish colors in chemical titration and hazard labels.
- B or D Shift
- Hours: Sunday-Tuesday 5pm-5:30am and alternating Wednesdays 5pm-5:30am OR alternating Wednedays 5pm-5:30am and Thursday-Saturday 5pm-5:30am
- MANAGEMENT RETAINS THE DISCRETION TO ADD OR CHANGE THISDESCRIPTION AT ANY TIME.
- Setting high standard of performance for self; assuming responsibility and accountability for successfully completing assignments or tasks; self-imposing standards of excellence rather than having standards imposed. Problem Analysis and Solving -Forming an opinion or making a decision through careful testing of assumptions and facts; taking action that is consistent with available facts, constraints and probably consequences. Acting with Integrity- Maintaining a commitment to honesty; models social, ethical and organizational value; firmly adhering to codes of conduct and ethical principles. Establishing Collaborative Working Relationships
- Developing and using collaborative relationships for the purpose of accomplishing work objectives; developing relationships with other individuals by listening, sharing ideas, and appreciating others efforts.
- Multi-Tasking - The ability to process multiple types of information, perform multiple tasks simultaneously, and/or make judgments about moving from one task to another based on their importance. Applied Learning assimilating and applying new job-related information in a timely manner.
- DRIVE INNOVATION: Generate new or unique solutions and embrace new ideas that help sustain our business
- COLLABORATE WITH SYSTEM, CUSTOMERS, and AND OTHER STAKEHOLDERS: Develop and leverage relationships with stakeholders to appropriately stretch and impact the System (Company and Bottler)
- ACT LIKE AN OWNER: Deliver results, creating value for our brands, our System, our customers and key stakeholders
- INSPIRE OTHERS: Inspire people to deliver our mission and 2020 Vision, demonstrate passion for the business and give people a reason to believe anything is possible
- DEVELOP SELF AND OTHERS: Develop self and support others' development to achieve full potential
Honesty and integrity have always been cornerstone values of The Coca-Cola Company. Our passion for people of integrity mirrors our spirited drive for total quality in our brands. These and other elements allow the company to sustain strategic practices and drive business performance. The Personnel Integrity Assurance Program is another step toward making The Coca-Cola Company the premier workplace. This process includes a pre-employment background investigation that applies to all applicants employees and contractors of the company. The scope of this inquiry may cover such elements as education employment history a criminal history check reference checks and a pre-employment drug screen. Designated countries or sensitive positions within the company may have more stringent standards.
At The Coca-Cola Company you can cultivate your career in a challenging and dynamic environment. We are the largest manufacturer and distributor of nonalcoholic drinks in the world-selling more than 1 billion drinks a day. Unlock your full potential with a future-focused company that is known and respected throughout the world.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Back to top
A little about us:
Coca-Cola’s success would not be possible without the world’s best employees. We invite you to challenge yourself, join us and prosper.