Arconic Fastening Systems and Rings (AFSR) has an opening for a Quality Compliance Specialist to manage the site's Quality Systems and procedures to ensure they comply to all required customer and industry requirements, including AS9100, ISO9001, NADCAP, RR:SABRe, S1000, ASQR01. This position is located at the AFSR aerospace manufacturing plant in Rochester, NY.
Arconic Fastening Systems and Rings (AFSR) serves the global aerospace, automotive, and commercial transportation markets with the most specialized engineering, highest quality, and the greatest breadth and depth of fastening system solutions and seamless rolled rings in our industry. Headquartered in Torrance, CA; AFSR employs 7,900 people in 13 countries at 38 locations. AFSR is a business unit of Arconic (NYSE:ARNC).
Join Arconic and join a network of people who are passionate about industry-changing technology that advances the world. You'll have the opportunity to work with leading global companies that operate in world-changing industries-such as aerospace, automotive, building and construction, defense and commercial transportation. It's not just a job. It's a career and a path to the future. You'll be part of a diverse culture of learning, teaching and mentorship. Arconic is fully committed to developing people: providing employees with the resources, and learning and development opportunities they need to excel and build a career. Key Responsibilities:
- Manage the AFSR Rochester site's Quality Systems and procedures to ensure they comply to all required customer and industry requirements. These include, but are not limited to (AS9100, ISO9001, NADCAP, RR:SABRe, S1000, ASQR01).
- Coordinate and oversee all customer and industry required audits, certifications, and surveys related to Quality Systems.
- Working with QMS database/QPulse, change & maintain all controlled documents in the system.
- Train Internal Auditors and prepare, perform, support, and manage audits to ensure the integrity and compliance of all systems and procedures.
- Manage the Internal Audit Schedule for each year, assuring compliance with latest standards.
- Perform external audits of suppliers to guarantee the supplier's conformity to all AFSR quality requirements.
- Manage the Corrective Action Request (CAR) system and hold regular meetings to discuss them as well as oversee the timely completion of all Root Cause and Corrective Actions, interfacing with customers whenever needed.
- Communicate and interface with customers relating to: 3rd party audits, responses to corrective actions, web site access to customer portals, and concession submittals.
- Initiate investigations for the Root Cause and develop containment activity as the 1st step into the RCCA (Root Cause & Corrective Action).
- Coordinate with the facility's lean manufacturing initiatives in efforts to ensure that any and all process related changes are incorporated efficiently and effectively into the Quality System for the site.
- Assist the Operations and Human Resources Departments with the development of programs for operator certifications.
- Other tasks as assigned.
Basic QualificationsBasic Qualifications:
- Auditor skills
- Strong interpersonal skills; able to interact with all levels of the plant
- Very strong MS Excel, Access database and presentation experience
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Able to effectively interface with all levels of Arconic Staff
- Ability to give presentations to groups
- Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
- Able to lead by influence.
Preferred QualificationsPreferred Qualifications:
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited Institution
- Minimum 3 years of Quality experience in Manufacturing
- Employees must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
- This position is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) which requires U.S. person status. ITAR defines U.S. person as an U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
- Experience with Aerospace industry Quality systems (AS9100) strongly preferred
- Experience with ISO 9001 quality standards
- Experience with Aerospace High-temperature materials
- Familiarity with Six Sigma, AS and ISO standards, and Lean or Theory of Constraints experience preferred.
- Familiar with different computer applications used on PC computers such as statistical tools used for investigation, scheduling and/or ERP systems (i.e. Visual Manufacturing,), other MS-Office applications (Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc)
- Knowledge of root cause and corrective action tools
A little about us:
Arconic Inc. (NYSE: ARNC) creates breakthrough products that shape industries. Working in close partnership with our customers, we solve complex engineering challenges to transform the way we fly, drive, build and power. Through the ingenuity of our people and cutting-edge advanced manufacturing, we deliver these products at a quality and efficiency that ensures customer success and shareholder value.