Johnson & Johnson Consumer Inc., a member of Johnson & Johnson's Family of Companies, is recruiting for a Quality Control Analyst III to be based in Lititz, PA.
Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies touches more than a billion people’s lives each day through our health care products and services, our corporate giving, and the volunteer efforts of our employees. The Johnson & Johnson Group of Consumer Companies develop and market beloved brands that address the needs of consumers and health care professionals worldwide. Our portfolio ranges across several distinct business units: Baby Care, Oral Care, Compromised Skin Care, Beauty, Feminine Care, and Over-The-Counter (OTC) products.
The Quality Control Analyst III will:
- Under routine supervision, perform physical and/or chemical testing of raw materials, in-process materials, finished products, cleaning validation samples, complaint samples, identification of unknown materials / particulates, or other miscellaneous samples to assess conformance to applicable standards or to identify unknown components.
- Perform review and approval of QC Laboratory testing and/or Analytical Services data.
- Develop new and optimize existing methods for raw materials, finished products, and cleaning validation.
- Qualify and implement new technologies and instrumentation.
- Routinely test cleaning validation, customer complaint, developmental bulk, and developmental finished product samples in accordance with specifications, policies and procedures.
- Assure that instruments used in analytical methods are calibrated and performing properly and are compliant with company data integrity policies.
- Determine composition of particles and unknowns using common laboratory techniques such as use of FTIR microscope; knowledge of GC-MS beneficial.
- Write method validation and method transfer protocols in accordance with company policies and procedures.
- Execute method validation and method transfer protocols.
- Review laboratory documentation for compliance to applicable standard operating procedures and guidelines.
- Evaluate new analytical methods by performing required assay techniques and will modify and refine methods in accordance with change control procedures.
- Record results of testing in laboratory workbooks, directly on report forms or into the laboratory computer system, making standard calculations as required to obtain final results.
- Demonstrate advanced knowledge of Windows and laboratory instrument software.
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent degree) in Chemistry or related science is required.
- A Master’s degree in Chemistry or a related science is preferred.
- A minimum of four years of experience in analytical chemistry is required
- Extensive analytical chemistry in the pharmaceutical or consumer healthcare industry is highly preferred.
- Familiarity with the principles of laboratory instrument qualification and software validation is required.
- Extensive experience with lab instrumentation/equipment such as FTIR, UV-vis, AA, HPLC, GC and GC-MS is required.
- Experience with maintenance and troubleshooting of laboratory instrumentation is required.
- Experience with a chromatographic data acquisition system is required
- Experience with Compendia such as USP, NF, EP and FCC is required
- Experience with method transfers and validation is preferred.
- The position will be based in Lititz, PA and may require up to 10% travel depending on business needs.
J & J Consumer Inc. (6101)Job Function