At Vivint Solar, we're changing the way people generate and consume power. We believe that people should have a choice between using outdated, dirty technologies and using innovative, clean solutions to produce the energy they use to live every day. That's why we're making it easy for millions of people nationwide to choose to go solar. Simply stated, we're doing work that really makes a difference.
We need a QC Design Technician that will be a solid contributor and leader. They will report to the QC Design Manager of the D&E department. The QC Design Technician will review PV designs, electrical designs, answer installer phone calls, provide design guidance to the installation teams and properly communicate required training needs to optimize design processes.
You'll change the world by...
- Comparing site survey information to proposed designs.
- Reviewing proposed inventory.
- Reviewing installation documents.
- Performing other duties and assignments as given by management.
- Working tight deadlines.
You'll do that with your...
- Analytical and creative problem solving skills.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to use computers and computer software to gather and enter key information.
- Must be highly motivated and persistent.
You'll know you're ready if you...
- Computer-aided drafting experience (AutoCAD, Inventor, 3DS max, etc.).
- Solar installation or design experience.
- Residential construction understanding with roof layout.
- Photoshop, Microsoft Excel and Word, and other computer experience.
- Cobblestone design experience.
- Straight string certification.
- Electrical experience.
- 1+ to 2 years of experience.
One more thing...you'll be required to submit to a criminal history check, drug screening, and obtain clearance from the state based upon the state requirements.
Vivint Solar is a proud promoter of employment opportunities to our Military and Veterans. We, an equal opportunity employer, do not consider any protected traits (e.g. race, creed, color, religion, gender, national origin, non-job-related disability, age, or any other protected trait) when hiring-under federal, state and local laws.