DePuy Synthes is recruiting for a Quality Control Inspector - 2nd Shift, located in Bridgewater, MA.
DePuy Synthes is a Johnson & Johnson company that is one of the leaders in the medical device industry. Our implants and instruments are used by orthopaedic surgeons to treat patients with conditions resulting from traumatic injuries, degenerative diseases, deformities, and sports related injuries. Our environment is entrepreneurial, learning-driven, and is as challenging as it is rewarding.
DePuy Synthes Companies of Johnson & Johnson is the largest, most innovative and comprehensive orthopaedic and neurological business in the world. DePuy Synthes Companies will offer an unparalleled breadth and depth of products, services and programs in the areas of joint reconstruction, trauma, spine, sports medicine, neurological, craniomaxillofacial, power tools and biomaterials. Building on the legacy and strengths of two great companies, we are creating one organization that will be agile and better equipped in today's evolving health care environment. With a focus on activating insights to develop innovative, comprehensive solutions, we are inspired to advance patient care in greater ways than either company could accomplish on its own.
- The Quality Control (QC) Inspector will perform inspections of machined components, assemblies and castings to support receiving inspection, validations and process improvement activities.
- Perform open set-up inspections utilizing a variety of inspection equipment and visual standards.
- Support Raynham Operator Certification initiatives throughout the facility.
- Mechanical inspection will be performed.
- The Quality Control (QC) Inspector will utilize Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing (GD&T) and blueprint reading skills on a daily basis.
- A minimum of a High School diploma, G.E.D. or equivalent is required.
- A minimum of 1 year of inspection experience in a precision machining and/or casting environment is required.
- Medical Device inspection experience is preferred.
- The ability to read and interpret blueprints is required.
- Working knowledge of Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing (GD&T) applications required.
- Working knowledge of various applications of shop mathematics preferred.
- Knowledge of Coordinate Measurement Machine (CMM) inspection and programming is preferred.
- CMM experience on Brown and Sharpe MM4 and/or PC-DMIS is preferred.
- Oral communication, organization and computer skills preferred.
- ASQ Certification is preferred.
- Experience with Optical Comparators experience is preferred.
This position requires a daily commute to Bridgewater, MA and operates on 2nd Shift (3:00 PM - 11:30 PM, Monday through Friday). Must be willing to commute to Bridgewater, MA and available to work 2nd Shift hours on a daily basis.Primary Location
Depuy Orthopaedics. Inc. (6029)Job Function
A little about us:
Johnson & Johnson cares for the world - bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people.