Panasonic Corporation is working with Tesla Motors, Inc. to manufacture photovoltaic (PV) cells and modules for solar panels at Tesla’s Solar City factory in Buffalo, New York.
Panasonic's role will be to manufacture and supply PV cells and modules with unique heterojunction photovoltaic cells, combining a crystalline silicon wafer with an amorphous silicon layer. Products will feature industry-leading module conversion efficiency and outstanding temperature coefficient characteristics.
The collaboration will make optimum use of both companies’ strengths to enhance the competitiveness of their products, generating a synergy effect between Panasonic’s technological and manufacturing expertise in the photovoltaic business and Tesla’s strong sales channels, rich creativity and market-leading, cutting-edge innovation.
The factory’s production began in the summer of 2017. By expanding the scale of production capacity over time, Panasonic expects to reach production capacity of over 1 GW (GigaWatt) by 2019. Tesla is making a long-term purchase commitment to Panasonic for products manufactured at the Solar City factory.
This is an opportunity that’s made to order for a career-minded individual who wants to make a difference and contribute to a more sustainable future based on renewable energy. Join this creative technology collaboration as it staffs up for initial production and grow with it as operations get under way and expand.
Currently, PESSNY has an immediate opening available for a Quality Control Operator.
What You’ll Get to Do:
Key tasks with respect to Quality Assurance Department:
- Inspect incoming cell/module raw materials/parts
- Check for harmful substances
- Inspect shipment sampling of PV module
- Assist the Engineer/Sr. Engineer to perform scheduled work
- Assist in reporting and documenting Ad-Hoc:
- Any other related task assigned to you from time to time by your superior Scope:
- Reports to Senior Engineer of Quality Assurance Group
What You’ll Bring:
- Able to multi-task and remain flexible in changing environments
- Anticipate client needs and react to them before they are raised
- Strong change leadership skills
- Customer focused
- Ability to collaborate and form teams
- Ability to work with domestic and international teams Communications:
- Strong verbal, written, analytical and interpersonal skills
- Presents HR information to top leadership, public groups, and or boards of directors.
- Ability to respond to inquiries from regulatory agencies, business community and employee Other Requirements:
- The employee must be able to lift and move up to 25 pounds
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate
- Non-standard work week
- MUST be able to work either Saturday OR Sunday
What We Offer:
- Family like environment with an entrepreneurial spirit
- Collaborative culture that thrives on innovation and new ideas
- Rewards and recognition for great achievements
- Growth opportunities for career development
- Flexible work arrangements to help balance life and work
- Competitive benefits and compensation package Panasonic is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer . all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by law or company policy. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation.
Pre-employment drug testing is required for safety sensitive positions or as may otherwise be required by contract or law. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Corporation of North America.
A little about us:
Panasonic endeavors each day to shape a brighter future through the development of technologies designed to improve lives of our customers, employees and community.