Leads quality management and continuous improvement for facility. Builds and executes quality programs specific to customer needs through aligning program management, product engineering, and supplier quality. Evaluates best business practices to define and direct strategies, procedures, standards, and targets for quality management. Creates, organizes and promotes quality and continuous improvement efforts while driving a site strategic vision of the Quality Management System of zero defects, prevention and root cause analysis. Implements Quality tactics to support the strategic quality vision. Essential Functions and Responsibilities: Other duties as assigned.
- Establishes, maintains and improves procedures and integrated program plans for maintaining and improving conformance with the ISO 9001:2008 quality management system and act as the management representative.
- Manages the Supplier Quality Program thru audits, capability analysis Statistical Process Control.
- Evaluates, measures and controls key processes and product characteristics thru capability analysis, GR&R studies, statistical process analysis and control plans.
- Manages legacy incoming, in-process, and final inspection acceptance program while streamlining and identifying preventive methodology and techniques.
- Compiles, analyzes and interprets statistical data, current technical and scientific publications, and regulatory information. Communicates relative information to all levels of management and employees.
- Manages and reports on key Quality metrics such as COPQ, a Supplier Scorecard, First Pass Quality, Defect proportion, etc. Identifies and designs improvement programs around key metrics.
- Manages site CPAR program and continuous improvement projects.
- Determines and enforces quality and reliability requirements in accordance with engineering specifications, approval agency listings, contracts, and established procedure.
- Maintains management awareness of quality issues, cost, and promote quality improvement and cost reductions activities.
- Establishes training programs as necessary to keep personnel updated in product knowledge, inspection and test methods, quality standards, quality techniques, and industry technology.
- Acquires and develops the necessary resource skills to fulfill all Quality Assurance functions.
- Allocates department resources and manages project and resource priorities.
- Develops and oversees expenditures of budget and capital plan.
- Develops new quality systems and procedures to keep abreast of changing technology and business climate.
- Establishes and maintains budgetary control for quality and continuous improvement expenditures and staff.
- Communicates both verbally and in writing to all levels of employees.
- Reads and comprehend general business periodicals, technical manuals, and government documents.
- Shows proficiency with use of computer and multiple software applications including Word, Excel, Access, and other Microsoft Office programs.
- Supports and participates in high performing teams.
- Consistently sets a positive example of safety-first attitudes and practices.
- Works safely, follows safety rules and regulations, and assists supervisors and managers in maintaining a safe and healthy work environment.
- BS/BA degree in Engineering or a technical discipline required.
- Six years minimum experience in quality control and/or continuous improvement required.
- Familiarity with ISO standards required.
- Knowledge and experience about process engineering and production required.
- PVC/CPVC processing a plus
- Six Sigma Green/Black Belt Certification a plus
- Excellent interpersonal skills essential; ability to successfully deal with change, learn new skills, techniques and processes, and a positive attitude required.
- Experience in Microsoft Office Word, Excel, and PowerPoint required.
- Knowledge and skill in Minitab and other SPC tools is preferred.
A little about us:
We’re shaping the future. Together, let’s make a world that’s safe, comfortable and sustainable. Tomorrow needs you.