Provide leadership and technical support in the area of Quality Control and Sanitation with an emphasis on consumer/customer requirements, continuous product quality, productivity improvement, product safety and regulatory management. Responsible for the development and operation of quality and sanitation systems within Business Unit. Application and analysis of testing and inspection procedures using methodology and statistical methods to correct and improve quality practices. Possess strong leadership and people skills along with team building capabilities. Implement total quality systems that support TPM process. Primary focus will be applying process expertise and knowledge to optimize manufacturing control driving improved consumer and cost performance of the products.
- Planning, controlling, and assuring product and process quality to reduce process variation and optimize capability performance for consumer satisfaction. Create and implement statistical quality systems including executing statistical plans and data analysis and training others to use statistics in their daily roles.
- Develop action plans with Production, Plant QC, Engineering, R&D and Division Quality Assurance to insure that product specifications, analytical procedures, sampling programs and sensory evaluations are appropriate and meet system capability and key consumer requirements.
- Responsible for effectively leading teams through problem solving, TPM activities, and quality improvement processes. This includes, quantitative methods, project planning and facilitation skills.
- Assure that quality systems development, implementation and verification are in place in order to make quality evaluations, recommend actions for improvement, and assure resolution. This role is responsible to report deviations from established standards and policies to Plant QC leadership and to insure prompt and immediate corrective action.
- Provide reliability and risk management analysis. Make recommendations for the improvement of production, design and test processes, which would affect product quality. Assure key learning's from root-cause findings are implemented in like systems to reduce opportunity for repetitive issues.
- Provide quality training, to include food safety and allergen plans, applied statistics, regulatory requirements, GMPs and quality measurement systems. Be capable of delivering training in the area of continuous improvement processes.
- Participate as quality representative on all project EM related activities. Act as liaison to Plant QC for support with additional insight and feedback on projects and statistical analysis of equipment capability.
- Manage aspects of product quality and food safety at the floor level. This is inclusive of product specs, a quality manual, weight control, traceability, in process and finished product testing and food safety and allergens. Conduct self-inspection audits ensuring AIB and FSSC 22000 Standards requirements are met.
- Develop, coordinate and manage plant quality and sanitation programs as assigned.
- Be aware of new developments within areas of ownership, including new equipment, procedures and techniques to assure up to date methods are in place and moving from output data collection to input data collection reducing time required to measure in process controls.
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Food Science and Technology, Process Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or related field or demonstrated equivalent with related food industry experience
- Clear understanding and working knowledge of Process and Compliance Quality Systems as well as sanitation processes
- Ability to motivate and lead teams
- Ability to train others in Total Quality Management Philosophies
- Strong leadership and communication skills
- Ability to communicate with all levels of management and plant personnel
- Working knowledge in principals of SPC, Project Management, Facilitation, Prioritization, Problem Solving skills, statistical methods
This position will be filled at L6, L7, L8 or L9 dependent on the candidates' current level within the Supply Chain Competency Assessment (SCCA) program.Relocation Eligible
Not Eligible for Relocation
A little about us:
Our nation’s veterans bring unbeatable life experience, job skills and leadership to PepsiCo. Together We Win.