PepsiCo North America Beverages, a division of PepsiCo, is searching for an experienced and self-starting Quality Assurance Supervisor to join their team at the Wytheville Gatorade manufacturing facility.
Being a part of the QA team in PepsiCo America Beverages requires creating a culture which encourages teamwork and ownership of the business results. The current job opening supports our Mountaintop Gatorade Hotfill production facility and Service Center , providing Quality Assurance support. Essential Functions:
Qualifications/Requirements Job Requirements:
- Responsible for assuring compliance to Plant, Division, and Corporate and regulatory quality assurance requirements in areas of material inspection, in process quality control, finished product evaluation, GMPs, housekeeping, pest control, and other food safety and quality matters
- Lead continuous improvement process through capability studies; root cause analysis and LSS project management
- Responsible for the training and development of the QA Technicians that report to the position
- Responsible for the conducting of plant self-assessments and for assuring implementation to corrective action items for non-compliance items found during these assessments
- Responsible for leading and /or implementing programs designed to meet AIB and other 3rd party food safety requirements
- Responsible for providing training and coaching to all employees on record keeping and documentation practices and procedures in Infinity QS (IQS) and on paperwork.
- Responsible for providing Quality support to the Quality Tech team and to employees across all lines
- Responsible for training all employees on the current Quality Standards to reinforce compliance.
- Responsible for participating in the preparation, execution, and compliance to all plant External and Internal Audits, Assessments, and Programs, including GMPs, FSSC22000/ISO, AIB, QAS, FDA, and State and Local Regulations pertaining to Beverage Manufacturing.
- B.S. in scientific field
- 3 years minimum in a food manufacturing environment
- Possess an understanding of SPC , Process Quality, and foundational statistical methodology Background knowledge in Microbiology
- Knowledge of Microsoft business software
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- This position's core hours will take place primarily on day shift, however, the ability to work evenings and weekends is important.
- Knowledge of analytical equipment calibration and performance checks
- Ability to multitask and work with other departments
- Knowledge of AIB /Food Sanitation Programs
- Knowledge of Quality Improvement Plans
Eligible for Limited Relocation