A Super Opportunity Awaits You!
Airgas Prority Nitrogen, an Air Liquide company, the nation's leading single-source supplier of gases, welding and safety products is seeking a Quality Control Trainer in Lake Charles, LA.
Known locally and nationwide, our distribution network serves more than one million customers of all sizes with a broad offering of top-quality products and unmatched expertise.
Quality Control Trainers support the company by ensuring employees and operations perform in a safe, legal, and courteous manner. Quality Control Trainers are expected to work under the direct supervision of the Quality Control Manager. Quality Control Trainers are expected to understand and conform to all DOT and company policies regarding safe operations and maintenance of the equipment operated during the normal course of work.
• Interview candidates and determine level of knowledge prior to job offer
• Evaluate all employees on general maintenance on equipment
• Evaluate all employees on minor repairs to equipment
• Evaluate operators during rig up / rig down activities, on the job site
• Evaluate all employees on properly completing Hazardous Materials Shipping Documents
• Evaluate all employees in the proper completion of job reports, service tickets, maintenance reports, Department of Transportation (DOT) logs, and all mandatory paperwork
• Understand and evaluate employees on all DOT Regulations and guidelines
• Train District Managers on Airgas policies, procedures, DOT regulations, etc
• Perform both off and on site quality control inspections
• Perform in house educational classes for employees
• Advise management on employees' knowledge level and offer recommendations
• Perform facility and equipment inspections and advise management on findings
• Perform and complete fair evaluations competently and without bias
• Extensive knowledge of Nitrogen Pumping Equipment
EDUCATION AND REQUIREMENTS:
• High School Diploma or GED preferred
• Must be willing and able to travel up to 70 percent - company vehicle provided
• Must have knowledge of hydraulic equipment and diesel engines
• Proficient knowledge of cryogenic pumps, tanks, transports and equipment
• Capable of calculating Nitrogen volumes for service applications
• Experienced with Job Safety Analysis process
• Must be self-proficient and capable of working without supervision
• Ability to routinely lift, carry, push and pull 10 - 40 lbs., and occasionally lift, carry, push and pull 41 - 100 lbs
• May occasionally require reaching above shoulder, grasping, and repetitive motion
• Requires extensive standing, walking, bending, squats, kneeling, twisting, turning and climbing
• Capable of working in hazardous conditions
• Must be able to operate in a drug-free workplace
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or disability
A little about us:
Airgas is a company of hardworking men and women dedicated to helping our customers succeed.