Quality Coordinator Laboratory Services - Integrated Regional Lab
IRL is a full service provider for clinical laboratory and anatomic pathology services. We provide hospitals, physicians and clients with timely diagnostic information for patient care. Our infrastructure include a fully esoteric core laboratory in Fort Lauderdale, a histology and microbiology operation in Largo, Florida and a network of hospital based rapid-response laboratories throughout Florida.
IRL has over 13 years of experience in supporting the unique diagnostic needs of acute care facilities, including both technical and professional services:
Pathology Professional Services
Esoteric Referral Testing
Centralized histology Quality Coordinator - West Florida Division
The Quality Coordinator supervises and administers the division laboratory Quality Assurance programs under the direction of the IRL Quality Director, Division Director and Medical Directors to meet patient care and regulatory agency requirements. They are responsible for coordinating and monitoring all regulatory agency inspection preparedness activities such as mock inspections. This position also works with department leaders to implement new programs monitor performance, collect and evaluate performance data, develop corrective action plans, assist in the training and education of personnel regarding quality activities. They also supports the Quality and Division Directors in achieving department goals for service, quality, regulatory compliance, financial performance, patient satisfaction, healthy work environment, and integration of intra and inter-departmental activities. Position Responsibilities:
- Reviews and organizes monthly, quarterly, and annual quality control, quality assurance, and proficiency testing data from assigned division/region for discussion with IRL Quality and Division directors.
- Prepares, organizes and presents performance information for appropriate meetings in a timely manner.
- Monitors accreditation agency licensure status and assists department directors in preparing licensure and renewal paperwork (CAP, CLIA, AHCA, business license, ect)
- Works with regulatory agencies and HCA legal resources to ensure that licensure documentation is completed as required.
- Prepares annual program for Quality Control, Quality Assurance and Regulatory compliance under the guidance of the Division Administrative and Medical Directors.
- Prepares annual assessment of Quality Control, Quality Assurance and Regulatory performance for assigned division.
- Assists Division Administrative and Medical Directors in reviewing performance data and identifying corrective actions.
- Reviews proficiency testing and/or quality assurance results and works with departments to develop corrective action plans where indicated
- Performs root cause analysis on service and performance failures. Recommends corrective actions to Quality and Division director.
- Consistently completes all required records/documentation pertaining to quality assurance and/or point-of-care testing records.
- Demonstrates the ability to use good judgment and independent thinking in the correlation and interpretation of performance data
- Provides ongoing education on Quality and Regulatory compliance as required.
- Standardization of policies and other documentation within the West Florida Division.
- Bachelor's Degree in Medical Technology
- State of Florida Supervisor's License
- Some experience with Quality Assurance Regulatory Agency Compliance
- 3-5 years of experience as a Medical Technologist with 1-3 years in a clinical laboratory setting with quality assurance and/or point-of-care testing
A little about us:
HCA is the nation’s leading private provider of healthcare services. Comprised of locally managed facilities which include 230,000 employees at over 160 hospitals, over 120 surgery centers and 100 urgent care facilities in 20 states and the United Kingdom