Doctors Hospital of Sarasota
Founded in 1967, Doctors Hospital of Sarasota is a 155-bed facility located in the heart of Sarasota County, Florida. Doctors Hospital of Sarasota (DHoS) is part of the HCA North/West Florida Division of Hospitals, a comprehensive network of hospitals, outpatient surgery and diagnostic imaging facilities, and a complete continuum of specialized healthcare programs that meet the healthcare needs of residents and businesses in North, West and Central Florida & Georgia communities. Our parent company, HCA, is the nation's leading provider of healthcare services.
In addition to being named among the Top 100 in the nation by Thomson Reuters, Doctors Hospital received the Everest Award for being both a 100 Top Hospital current performance winner and one of the 100 most improved hospitals on their five-year trend performance. DHoS has also been repeatedly named among the Top 101 Hospitals with Great Orthopedic Programs by Becker's Hospital Review.
At DHoS, we utilize complete computerized charting ("Electronic Health Record") for our patient assessment and care documentation. We also utilize eMAR, our electronic medication administration record for the delivery of all medications provided to our patients, which has significantly reduced errors associated when administering medications. In 2013, Doctors Hospital implemented our CPOE (Computerized Physician Order Entry) application called "Advanced Clinicals".
RN Quality Coordinator - 1 weekend per month
The RN Quality Coordinator coordinates the collection, evaluation, and dissemination of performance data relative to specified quality improvement programs within the hospital. Maintains documents and records according to state and federal health care standards.
Role Accountabilities include:
- Core Measure abstraction and chart reviews
- Facilitates assigned process improvement initiatives by using problem-solving methodology, root cause analysis and/or FMECA.
- Fosters a positive first impression by ensuring all work areas are organized, clean and project a professional appearance.
- Demonstrates knowledge of the occurrence reporting system. Uses system to report potential safety issues.
- Completion of RN Diploma program.
- Three years recent experience within Quality Management, preferably in acute care hospital setting.
- Must possess current Florida RN licensure.
- Experience with Core Measures is required.
A little about us:
HCA is the nation’s leading private provider of healthcare services. Comprised of locally managed facilities which include 230,000 employees at over 160 hospitals, over 120 surgery centers and 100 urgent care facilities in 20 states and the United Kingdom