We are seeking a Quality Data Specialist to join the Quality Management Department at Chippenham Hospital. See why our employees like working at Chippenham Hospital!
As one of the largest facilities within HCA, the nation's largest hospital system, Chippenham Hospital
provides the full scope of healthcare services. With 466 beds, we specialize in heart care at the Levinson Heart Hospital and emotional and mental health services through the Tucker Pavilion. Our ER is also a state-authorized Level II trauma center and we offer Central Virginia's only Pediatric ER staffed 24/7 by pediatric-trained ER nurse and physician specialists.
The Quality Data Specialist
is responsible for participation in the collection, review and interpretation of clinical data, with correlation to clinical excellence performance metrics and continuous performance improvement. Job responsibilities of the Quality Data Specialist include, but are not limited to:
- Clinical rounding with attention to use of evidence-based practice protocols adopted by the facility as best practice.
- Support and message the importance of healthcare outcomes as they relate to safe and effective quality healthcare.
- Identify needs for informational/educational sessions in various settings. Prepare necessary informative/instructive materials and provide necessary education.
- Actively participate as a member of the patient care team, in unit activities to include shift huddles, unit rounds, interdisciplinary rounds, and other performance improvement activities that contribute to, or advance strategic goals of healthcare delivery. Strategic goals will encompass customer service, clinical processes, practice patterns, and patient outcome measures.
- Collect data and review events through observation in the clinical setting, clinician and patient interaction, and navigation of the hybrid (electronic and written) medical record.
- Observe clinical processes and conduct surveillance activities, with immediate intervention (just-in-time) as indicated.
- Create and present concise, factual case reviews including pertinent elements needed for evaluation and appropriate action by peer review committees, leadership, and quality improvement teams.
- Interpret data and integrate into healthcare practice.
- Form ideas for process improvement, develop and engage team solutions.
- Maintain knowledge and understanding of changing performance measurements for high quality patient outcomes.
- Participate consistently in hospital and shared governance committees.
- Locate, access, and understand local and national best practices and performance benchmarks related to patient experience and outcomes.
- Interact with patients / families regarding less than expected care experience, facilitate action and resolution with leadership, and provide timely written correspondence for case closure.
- Graduate of accredited school of nursing (required)
- BSN or current enrollment in BSN program at an accredited school of nursing (preferred)
- 3 years clinical experience (required)
- Licensed or eligible for licensure in the State of Virginia as a Registered Nurse (required)
- Certified Professional in Healthcare Quality (CPHQ) required (may be obtained within one year of position acceptance/hire date)
- American Heart Association Basic Life Support (BLS) Health Care Provider required (may be obtained within three months acceptance/hire date).