Join Schneider Electric and power your career!
Discover the opportunity to join an international, dynamic, and responsible company that fosters the development of all its people around the world. Every day, we empower employees to achieve more and experience exciting careers. Find out how our values and unique position make Schneider Electric the employer of choice.
Fabrication Quality Engineer
The Columbia, SC plant is seeking a Fabrication Quality Engineer to help
perform Root cause analysis and implementation of corrective actions for
process related concerns.
· Assist Quality manager and team in establishing, implementing and maintenance of the quality management system.
· Conduct or participate in audits and continuous improvement activities, such as 5S, SPS, Six Sigma, and ISO, to enhance the quality system.
· Prepare Pareto charts, and 8D reports as required.
· Develop training to build quality awareness.
· Review and modify the quality documentation to ensure quality output from the area.
· Analyze failures, and perform corrective and preventive action to respond to customer complaints usually in 8D format.
· Participate in Schneider Production System (SPS) and ISO audits.
· Ensure action items generated from SPS and ISO audits are completed in a timely manner.
4-Year Degree Required (Prefer Engineering Degree) 2-3 years Quality Experience.
• Must have and display a working knowledge of Electrostatic Paint Line Process (Powder Coat & Electrostatic)
• Must have and display a working knowledge of fabrication equipment
• Must have and display a working knowledge of FAS manufacturing system
• Experience and competence in reading and interpreting part drawings
• Ability to work with NC programming and interpret programs for Fabrication equipment.
• Must have and display a working knowledge of Geometric dimensioning and tolerances.
• Experience and competence in using calipers, micrometers, protractors, measuring tape, thickness gauges, gloss meters,
Care. Connect. Challenge. Commit.
Our values define our company. Who we are, our customer approach, how we do business, what it's like to work here, and the kind of people we want to attract and retain. We care for our planet, our customers, our company, our team, and ourselves. We connect to customers and colleagues; we are open and respectful. We challenge others and embrace challenges ourselves. We commit to change by leading the change.
At Schneider Electric, because we value our employees, we offer a competitive benefits package that includes medical, dental and vision, matching 401(k), training and development opportunities and much more. Join Schneider Electric and together, let's make the most of your energy.
A little about us:
We’re the global specialist in energy management and automation. Our technologies ensure that Life Is On everywhere, for everyone and at every moment.