Quality Engineer I
A Quality Engineer I job in Sarasota, FL is available through Adecco Engineering and Technology. You will develop quality specifications for new products. You will be required to complete a variety of tactical quality engineering activities. You need to be a proven problem solver with the ability to use data to identify, analyze and solve problems. This is a contract to hire opportunity. Local candidates only. No H1B's, OPT's or CPT's please. The pay for this position is between $28.00 and $30.00 per hour.
Quality Engineer I job responsibilities include:
• Active team member during risk assessment activities and updates associated dFMEAs and pFMEAs as required. Identifies and proposes continuous improvement opportunities to senior QA engineers.
• Develops test methods, write protocols, perform DOEs, execute testing, and perform MINITAB analysis of results, evaluate process stability and capability, and prepare test reports. Assists with the development of new tooling prototypes, identifies and assumes responsibilities for storage of the engineering samples. Performs essential measurements, testing, analysis, and keeps records using Good Documentation Practices and communicates to team about findings. Assists with mechanical design for quality gages and fixturing. Assists in root cause investigations, and provides input to appropriate abatement activities.
• Supports process validation activities associated with both new and/or changed products, and maintains all associated supporting documentation for engineering protocols and reports. Supports reliability analysis, problem solving and continuous improvement activities.
• Contributes in preparing and updating quality plans, as required. Assists in preparation and updates of manufacturing procedure documentation, and quality procedure documentation. Maintains revisions of process specifications as required. Assists in the analyses of Non-conforming product/processes and complaint data analysis. Maintains NCE / CAPA documentation in a timely manner.
• Participates in process improvement activities within the business to drive consumer satisfaction levels and business productivity. Supports the implementation of new/updated manufacturing processes. Drives a culture of continuous improvement and identifies actions to eliminate process variation. Participates in assessment teams in applying quantitative tools to identify the current state from which improvement opportunities exist.
• Communicates project progress, capture cost savings, consumer satisfaction, or other appropriate business productivity metrics to direct supervisor. Communicates significant issues or developments identified during quality activities and provides recommended process improvements to senior QA engineers and/or direct supervisor.
• Bachelors of Science in Mechanical Engineering
• Minimum 2 years full time experience in a Lean Six Sigma Quality engineering role. One (1) year of practical medical device manufacturing experience is preferred. Six Sigma Green Belt preferred.
• General knowledge of FDA, cGMP and ISO Standards/regulations, and good working knowledge of upstream process development and validation experience, including protocol development. General knowledge with ASTM methods and general knowledge of Six Sigma methodology, SPC techniques and MINITAB data analysis.
• Able to read and interpret mechanical drawings. Test method development and documentation. General knowledge of lab equipment, instruments and calibration procedures
• Microsoft Windows applications: PowerPoint and Visio
• Detailed oriented, high energy, self-starter, who exercises sound judgment and deliver against company business goals and objectives, with organization and analytical skills. Excellent communication, and presentation skills, both orally and written.
If you are interested in Quality Engineer I job in Sarasota, FL then please click APPLY NOW. For other opportunities available at Adecco Engineering and Technology go to www.adeccousa.com .
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled