Provides internal and external consulting support to individuals and groups internal and external to the organization, including Manufacturing, Engineering, customers, and vendors. Supports on-time delivery of products that meet established product specifications. Analyzes quality problems and develops data-based solutions which correct root-cause deficiencies.Specific Responsibilities
- Under the direction of the Quality Assurance Manager, responsible for customer-plant liaison, implementation and improvement of statistical methods, quality cost analysis, specification and procedure development, and conduct of plant quality audits.
- Perform liaison between manufacturing plants and customers relative to customer specifications, customer quality requirements, and customer problems.
- Review customer complaints, analyze returns, and make recommendations for corrective action.
- Assist plants in implementation of statistical methods and quality improvement programs.
- Assist in conducting annual plant audits and systems surveys.
- Update and augment Group Quality Assurance procedures and systems.
- Assist Application Engineering and Sales in development and application problems.
- Continually strive to improve testing methods, tooling, and equipment through statistical sampling to ensure adequate quality in our manufactured product.
- Work with customers and engineering to alleviate problems while avoiding product cost increases.
- Team with engineering to develop simple, efficient methods of testing new product lines.
- Monitor manufacturing processes through periodic audits and evaluations, to ensure that processes are followed and to prevent non-conformances to avoid jeopardizing product quality.
- Provide support as deemed necessary by management to allow the Quality Department to function efficiently.
- Remain flexible with daily activities in order to handle emergency issues as they arrive. Travel as necessary and on short notice to customers and suppliers to resolve problems.
- Ensure that all work activities are performed in accordance with established safety and environmental standards.
- Maintains full compliance with Company policies and procedures and conducts all activities in accordance with the Arconic Guide to Business Conduct.
- Demonstrates a knowledge of and commitment to Arconic Business Systems manufacturing principles and techniques.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Bachelor degree from an accredited university.
Minimum of 3 years in Quality Assurance in a manufacturing environment.
Employees must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.Preferred Qualifications
Bachelor's degree from accredited university in Engineering, Industrial/Manufacturing Technology, Physics, Math.
ASQC certification and formal course work in Industrial Statistical Methods is preferred.
Tier I supplier experience preferred
Experience with the Automotive Quality Core Tools such as APQP, PPAP, FMEA, and MSA