Arconic Wheel and Transportation Products (AWTP) is a business with a rich tradition and a bright future. We invented the forged wheel in 1948 and we have remained the global leader in providing safe, strong, light-weight and innovative aluminum transportation products. AWTP produces over 4 million Aluminum wheels globally with annual sales in excess of $800 million. AWTP products are highly engineered products operating in challenging environments with significant product liability risk and wide diversity of end use applications ranging from passenger cars to heavy-duty trucks to commercial and military vehicles.
The primary purpose of the Quality Engineer
is to be accountable for providing guidance to Cleveland Forge personnel including problem solving techniques such as 8D, 7 Step, 5 Principles, etc. Job Responsibilities and Duties:
Major Activities and Key Challenges Include:
- Assist Cleveland Forge personnel with new model development and launches including a full understanding of the APQP process leading to on time launch with focus on the PPAP;
- Possess a working knowledge of Quality Systems such as ISO/TS16949;
- Work with supply base to continuously improve their systems resulting in improved product/service quality and reduced cost;
- Provide in-depth technical knowledge to support Forging and Heat Treat efforts;
- Act as liaison between the forging plants and outside sources to communicate issues and solutions for problem resolution and continuous improvement;
- Assist in the implementation of external and internal systems to drive continuous improvement in the CVW flow path within the framework of APS;
- Support launches of new wheel programs;
- Drive advanced quality planning throughout the Cleveland Forge and Subcontractor base.
- Conceive, develop and implement control procedures and systems to assure the quality of our products;
- Perform Statistical Process Control, wheel/tire/vehicle interactions, internal and external auditing procedures and customer audits of our facilities when requested and / or required.
- The incumbent must understand these requirements and take such action as is necessary to maintain and improve AWTP's position as a leader in the manufacture of forged truck wheels.
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent from an accredited institution;
- Minimum of 3 years' experience in a manufacturing and / or plant environment;
- Employees must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
- Associates Degree from an accredited institution;
- Possess a thorough knowledge of Arconic Policies and Procedures;
- Understand Quality Assurance procedures and techniques
- Experience reading and interpreting blue prints;
- Experience with ISO/TS16949;
- Experience working with plant statistics.
A little about us:
Arconic Inc. (NYSE: ARNC) creates breakthrough products that shape industries. Working in close partnership with our customers, we solve complex engineering challenges to transform the way we fly, drive, build and power. Through the ingenuity of our people and cutting-edge advanced manufacturing, we deliver these products at a quality and efficiency that ensures customer success and shareholder value.