The Quality Engineer provides leadership and guidance to the organization acting as a change agent to implement process improvement across the organization in the achievement of an operational excellence environment; assure the quality of product produced and conformance to the applicable customer and internal specifications, while supporting corporate objectives; support the administration of quality manuals, continuous improvement initiatives and interaction with business center personnel on quality initiatives; root cause analysis and corrective/preventative action determined as appropriate; resolve manufacturing and shipment issues relative to customer specifications.
- Maintain compliance of products in manufacturing to specific customer purchase orders, blueprints and specifications
- Maintain lines of communication with customers and suppliers. This includes verbal and written correspondence and personal visits when required
- Provide technical support to Engineering, Manufacturing and Sales
- Coordinate review of nonconforming material and process customer concessions for possible acceptance
- Develop, maintain and implement quality systems procedures and work instructions in compliance to customer and regulatory requirements
- Corrective / Preventive action leader and team player
- Standardize metrics and best practices within facility
- Internal audit program leader
- Purchase order and specification review leader focused on negotiation of customer requirements, advanced product quality planning and translation of requirements to operator level
- Customer advocate (Voice of the customer)
- Process improvement leader focused on review, disposition and elimination of material review, concessions, corrective / preventive actions and escapes
- Ensure customer verification is complete (i.e. FAIR) and submitted to the customer.
- Supplier Quality
- Knowledge and experience with quality tools, such as CAPA, six sigma, lean manufacturing, PPAP, FMEA, problem solving techniques, and root cause analysis
- Participate in plant level APQP and NPI activities
- Lead, document, and track process and job specific PFMEA
- Responsible for coordinating suppliers and verifying quality standards in accordance with industry and customer requirements. This includes commodities and outplant operations
- Assist in the development and implementation of supplier management programs
- Identify technical problems as well as cost reductions with Suppliers
- Manage Supplier corrective actions
- Conduct Supplier audits to assure compliance to quality system, processes and schedules.
- Report supplier performance and quality to management
Performs other duties as assignedBasic Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering from an accredited institution
- Minimum 2 years experience in quality systems
- This position is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) which requires U.S. person status. ITAR defines U.S. person as an U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder')
- Employees must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position
- Experience in a ISO9000 or AS9100 manufacturing environment
- Working knowledge of PFMEA
- Certified AS9100 auditor
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and create project plans.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from the customer and/or management
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists
A little about us:
Arconic Inc. (NYSE: ARNC) creates breakthrough products that shape industries. Working in close partnership with our customers, we solve complex engineering challenges to transform the way we fly, drive, build and power. Through the ingenuity of our people and cutting-edge advanced manufacturing, we deliver these products at a quality and efficiency that ensures customer success and shareholder value.