Arconic Wheel and Transportation Products (AWTP) is a business with a rich tradition and a bright future. We invented the forged wheel in 1948 and we have remained the global leader in providing safe, strong, light-weight and innovative aluminum transportation products. AWTP produces over 4 million Aluminum wheels globally with annual sales in excess of $800 million. AWTP products are highly engineered products operating in challenging environments with significant product liability risk and wide diversity of end use applications ranging from passenger cars to heavy-duty trucks to commercial and military vehicles.
The primary purpose of the Quality Engineer
located at our Barberton facility is to be accountable for providing guidance to suppliers for proper problem-solving techniques such as 8D, 7 Step, 5 Principles, etc. as well as acting as a liaison between all Arconic Manufacturing Processes and the Customer. Job Responsibilities and Duties:
- Champions all Customer issues, concerns, and requests;
- Assist suppliers with new model development and launch including a full understanding of the automotive APQP process leading to on time launch with focus on the PPAP assembly;
- Possess a working knowledge of Quality Systems such as ISO9001 or ISO/IATF16949 and the ability to work with supply base to continuously improve their systems resulting in improved product/service quality and reduced cost;
- Provide in-depth technical knowledge to support machining, polishing and coating sources in Customer PPM and scrap reduction efforts;
- Act as liaison between the forging plants and outside sources to communicate issues and solutions for problem resolution and continuous improvement;
- Assist in the implementation of external and internal systems to drive continuous improvement in the CVW flow path within the framework of APS/Lean Manufacturing;
- Support launches of new wheel programs including prototype, FAI, and all PPAP elements;
- Drive advanced quality planning throughout the subcontractors, suppliers and external providers.
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent from an accredited institution;
- Minimum of 5 years' experience in a Quality role located in a manufacturing and / or plant environment;
- Employees must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position;
- This position is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) which requires U.S. person status. ITAR defines U.S. person as an U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
- Possess or be activity pursuing a Bachelor's in Engineering or Engineering Technology degree from an accredited institution;
- Possess a thorough knowledge of Arconic Policies and Procedures;
- Understand Quality Assurance procedures and techniques
- Experience reading and interpreting blue prints;
- Experience with ISO9001;
- Experience working with plant statistics.
A little about us:
Arconic Inc. (NYSE: ARNC) creates breakthrough products that shape industries. Working in close partnership with our customers, we solve complex engineering challenges to transform the way we fly, drive, build and power. Through the ingenuity of our people and cutting-edge advanced manufacturing, we deliver these products at a quality and efficiency that ensures customer success and shareholder value.