Arconic Fastening Systems and Rings (AFSR) is seeking a Quality Engineer to be responsible for managing quality interactions and all quality related functions for designated Customers. This role requires a blend of both strategic and tactical approaches to managing the customer and their expectations. The position is located at the AFSR aerospace forged rings plant in Fontana, CA.
Arconic Fastening Systems and Rings (AFSR) holds the number one global market position in aerospace fastening systems and rings, and we're the North American leader in commercial transportation fasteners. Our rings and high-tech, multi-material fastening systems are found nose to tail on aircraft and aero engines. Our products are also critical components of industrial gas turbines, automobiles, commercial transportation vehicles, and construction and industrial equipment. Headquartered in Torrance, CA; AFSR employs over 7,500 people in 13 countries at 38 locations. AFSR is a business unit of Arconic (NYSE:ARNC).
Join Arconic and join a network of people who are passionate about industry-changing technology that advances the world. You'll have the opportunity to work with leading global companies that operate in world-changing industries-such as aerospace, automotive, building and construction, defense and commercial transportation. It's not just a job. It's a career and a path to the future. You'll be part of a diverse culture of learning, teaching and mentorship. Arconic is fully committed to developing people: providing employees with the resources, and learning and development opportunities they need to excel and build a career. Key Responsibilities:
- Perform quality review of orders during contract review including purchase orders, specifications, blueprints, and other related documents
- Develops management tools and strategies to ensure that location meets customer expectations for quality compliance, certifications, and inter-company communication.
- Interfaces with the designated customers as the plant's quality representative. Communicates the plant's business objective and cooperative limits to customers within the confines of industry compliance.
- Works directly with customers to define requirements and solve quality issues while maintaining excellent relationships.
- Perform quality review of quality records (i.e. certification, packing slips, etc.) prior to shipment
- Complete and submit first article packages
- Perform quality assurance verification for raw material
- Perform reviews of new or revised specifications
- Ensure compliance to AFSR and customer quality system requirements
- When customer certified as such, act as customer's agent on all product quality and quality systems issues
- Complete all audits, forms, and reports as required by the customer
- Ensure proper identification and packaging as required
- Ability to use quality tools to respond and resolve customer concerns
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Technical Skills: Able to read engineering drawings and specifications, have knowledge of geometric dimension and tolerancing principles and have the ability to use measuring devices common to the manufacturing industry.
- Language Skills: Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, drawings, standards, specifications and operating instructions and procedures. Ability to compose routine reports and correspondence for internal/external customers. Ability to communicate effectively before groups of employees of organization, customers, and outside regulatory agencies.
- Mathematical Skills: Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, proportions and percentages. Ability to perform conversion calculations (e.g. metric to inches, Celsius to Fahrenheit). Ability to apply concepts of basic mathematics.
- Reasoning Ability: Ability to apply principles of logical or scientific thinking to a wide range of intellectual and practical problems. Ability to decipher nonverbal symbolism (formulas, scientific equations, graphs, etc.,) in its most difficult phases. Ability to decipher a variety of abstract and concrete variables.
- Interpersonal Skills/Customer Relations: Demonstrated ability to effectively develop long-standing business relationships while managing through difficult issues. Must be highly intuitive when dealing with customer's expectations and must be alert to the impact that cultural differences have on the business relationship.
- Computer Skills: Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite and ERP systems
- Able to meet the requirements pertaining to Vision Acuity Testing under the Quality Assurance Manual.
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited institution
- Minimum 3 years of Quality experience in manufacturing
- Employees must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
- This position is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) which requires U.S. person status. ITAR defines U.S. person as an U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
- Prefer the Bachelor's Degree is in Engineering or Metallurgy, from an accredited institution
- Strongly prefer experience with machining: CNC, Milling, Turning, etc.
- Quality experience in the forging or other metallurgical industry
- Strong working knowledge of quality systems, quality standards and material specifications
- Certified Quality Engineer (CQE) by the American Society for Quality (ASQ)
- 5+ years of Quality Engineering experience in manufacturing
- Six Sigma, Greenbelt certification
- GE DSQR Certificate and PWA DSQR Certificate
- Rolls Royce DSQR, MTU DSQR Certificate
- Snecma SARA certificate