Eaton Corporation located in Sumter, SC has
an opening for a Quality Engineer. The
position is a leader of people and is primarily responsible for driving
process and product quality improvements.
- Drive the Scrap Reduction Process including the Scrap GEMBA
process for the plant.
- Establish and Improve data collection plans
- Analyze data to identify key contributors of Scrap, Rework &
Warranty and then implement Error Proofing solutions to achieve reduced CONC
- Support deployment of Eaton Quality System (EQS)/ISO9001, Eaton
Lean System (ELS) & MESH
- Serve as an Internal Systems Auditor performing process &
systems audits on a regular basis.
- Supervise Quality Assistants as required by providing coaching and
development as required to ensure continuous improvement objectives are
achieved resulting in improved process and product quality.
- Lead 8D corrective action activities. Uses data analysis software
(i.e. Excel, Access & Minitab).
- Lead the Fabrication Quality Council.
- Manage Supplier Quality processes for the Sumter facility
- Demonstrated ability to lead cross-functional collaboration
- Strong written, verbal and computer business communication skills
- Demonstrated proficiency in interpersonal, analytical and
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or Industrial Technology from an
- Minimum 3 years of experience in a quality role in a manufacturing
- Minimum 1 year of experience managing people and/or project
- Must be able to work in the U.S without company sponsorship.
- Preferred ASQ Certified Quality Engineer Certification
- Preferred ASQ Certified Quality Manager Certification
- Preferred Six Sigma Greenbelt Certification
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters.
We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: ESSG CDPAD Comml Distrib Prods Assy Div
Job Level: Team Leader/Supervisor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within United States and / or Puerto Rico
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
A little about us:
Eaton is a global technology leader in power management solutions. We make power operate more efficiently, effectively, safely & sustainably.