What you will do:
This position plans and conducts activities concerned with the quality control and quality assurance of manufacturing processes and HVAC materials/products in a manufacturing environment.
How you will do it:
What we look for:
- Collect and utilize data to lead 8D analysis for special cause events, and report to leadership.
- Applies statistical process control methods to evaluate the current process and process changes.
- Responsible for product/process audits, and takes responsibility for product/process quality.
- Responsible for evaluating and transacting nonconforming material in a timely manner.
- Communicates significant issues or developments identified during quality activities and provides recommended process improvements to leadership.
- Internal Auditor as assigned to assess the QMS effectiveness, to the ISO standard.
- Maintains a working knowledge of government and industry quality codes and standards for HVAC.
- Develop Control Plans from PFMEA, and determine MSA for CC/SC features on the Control Plans.
- Performs quality-engineering reviews of design documentation for compliance with stated requirements.
- Ability to set goals consistent with department and company objectives.
- Ability to identify and report health, safety, ergonomic and environmental hazards, and work safely.
- Other duties as assigned.
- College degree or combined equivalent education and/or experience.
- Proficiency in a Windows operating environment, including e-mail and Microsoft Office software.
- Strong interpersonal skills and decision making ability.
- Effective and professional communication and organization skills.
- Experience with ISO 9001, or other Quality Management System.
- Ability to identify common quality tools and utilize them in a work environment.
- Certified Six Sigma black belt or green belt a plus
- ASQ Certifications: CMI, CQT, CQE, CQA and CRE a plus
- Proficiency in Minitab a plus