Quality Engineering Intern What you will do
Johnson Controls Power Solutions invites you to apply for a position in our Quality Operations and Processes Internship Program at our headquarters located in Milwaukee, WI. Our internship program is designed to provide you with a positive work and training experience including challenging objectives that are consistent with your career goals and current level of education. Specific responsibilities are outlined below. Primary Duties:
Quality Operations - Manage/coordinate Quality projects across multiple plants according to the established objectives and timeline.
Quality Processes - Support development and improvement of Quality processes according to the established objectives and timeline.
- Interact with internal and external customers to clarify and address requirements.
- Confer with engineering, quality, and operations personnel to develop and propose solutions.
- Document, train, and deploy improvements across required functions and levels of the organization.
- Provide regular updates to Quality Intern Mentor and regional Quality leadership.
Quality Core Tools - Learn and deploy use of quality Core Tools as required. Core Tools include, but are not limited to: Statistical Process Control (SPC), Measurement Systems Analysis (MSA), Production Part Approval Process (PPAP), Advanced Product Quality Planning (APQP), Design and Process Failure Mode and Effects Analysis (FMEA), and Control Plans. Who we are
At Johnson Controls, we're shaping the future to create a world that's safe, comfortable and sustainable. Our global team creates innovative, integrated solutions to make cities more connected, buildings more intelligent and vehicles more efficient. We are passionate about improving the way the world lives, works and plays. The future requires bold ideas, an entrepreneurial mind-set and collaboration across boundaries. You need a career focused on tomorrow. Tomorrow needs you. Equal Opportunity & Non-Discrimination
- Johnson Controls International plc. is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a qualified individual with a disability or any other characteristic protected by law. To view more information about your equal opportunity and non-discrimination rights as a candidate, visit EEO is the Law, EEO is the Law (supplement), and Pay Transparency Non-discrimination.
#intern What we look for Required Qualifications - Education, Skills & Experience
Preferred Qualifications - Education, Skills & Experience
- Currently enrolled as a full-time student at an accredited U.S. college or university and have completed the freshman, sophomore, or junior level requirements.
- Pursuing undergraduate degree in Materials, Electrochemical, Mechanical, Chemical, Electrical, Electronics, or Software engineering.
- Overall GPA of 3.0 or above
- U.S. citizen or legal right to work in the U.S.
- Available to work full time at our Glendale, WI office for the duration of summer 2018.
- Demonstrated ability to analytically solve problems.
- Demonstrated leadership experience in classroom and/or extracurricular activities.
A little about us:
We’re shaping the future. Together, let’s make a world that’s safe, comfortable and sustainable. Tomorrow needs you.