Eaton’s Cooper lighting in Aurora, CO has an exciting opportunity for a Quality Technician on 2nd shift.
Shift hours (3:15 pm).
In this position the Quality Technician will analyze diverse quality problems to result in solutions, train manufacturing personnel in the use of quality techniques and verify the quality of a variety of parts, products, and processes to effect continuous quality improvements.
· Solve the day-to-day quality problems to encompass all parts, products and processes to improve quality. Involve the affected departments, coordinate and report solutions.
· Provide guidance to others in establishing quality control techniques for determining, maintaining, and improving the quality of manufacturing operations. Make decisions pertaining to quality and determine responsibility for failure to meet quality standards.
· Set-up and implement quality conformance criteria and control charts and monitor for adherence to standards.
· Assist engineers and supervisors in establishing or changing methods, techniques or materials for existing or new apparatus for the control of quality or improvement. Collaborate with engineers and supervisors on related drawing changes.
· Inspect parts or product as required for manufacturing procedures and processes; document and report results.
· Perform mechanical or electrical tests that are required in the manufacture of the apparatus to determine that quality is being maintained.
· Perform sampling and auditing as required to conform to quality procedures and requirements.
· Chart data gathered from various quality checks to be used in analysis, decisions, and feedback for quality improvement.
High School Diploma or equivalent from an accredited institution is required
· Minimum 1 years of experience using inspection equipment and methods
· Minimum 1 years of experience working in a manufacturing environment
· Must be able to work in the US without Company sponsorship
· Only candidates within 50 miles of Aurora, CO will be considered.
Relocation benefits are not provided for this position.
Lead by example and obtain support from production employees
Knowledge of measuring equipment such as micrometers, calipers and thread gages
Ability to read wiring diagrams and other technical drawings
Quality minded and customer oriented
Demonstrated PC computer skills (Excel, Word, Outlook, etc.) with ability to learn other programs
Strong oral & written communication skills
Ability to work flexible hours including nights and weekends with advanced notice
Ability to work overtime
Ability to work effectively in a team oriented environment
Attention to detail and adaptability
Ability to work in a fast-paced environment while maintaining safety and quality
Ability to perform all job functions in adherence to Eaton’s philosophy and values, policies as well as the Environmental, Health and Safety standards
Working knowledge of troubleshooting Problems using quality tools such as statistics, 8D, 5 Why, Fishbone diagrams, etc.
Familiar with lean tools such as Value Stream Mapping, 5S, TPM, Error Proofing, Standardized Work, Set up Reduction, Continuous Flow, and Pull.
· Working knowledge of Quality System Audit experience and/or certification
· Experience with SAP
· Lighting or electrical
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters.
We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: EPG LD Lighting Division
Job Level: Entry Level
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Eaton is a global technology leader in power management solutions. We make power operate more efficiently, effectively, safely & sustainably.