Want a job you can feel good about? Leading to better encompasses everything we do at Kerry, it's how we've become the world's leading taste and nutrition company. Whether it's building sustainable solutions for consumers or building benefits and opportunities for employees, the main thread of the Kerry fabric is #LeadingToBetter. With focus on a sustainable future, a career with Kerry is something you can feel good about. Leading to better.
Through sensory science and technology, Kerry develops and manufactures food and beverage solutions for popular brands throughout the world. In fact, you've most likely experienced Kerry in the food or beverages you've consumed in the past few days! Leading to better, together.
Together, we shape how the world views food and beverage. Leading to better, together means we do this in a culture that nurtures agility, speed, quality and safety and we do this through:
- Celebrating curiosity that leads to action
- Empowering our people
- Promoting diverse thinking
- Investing in innovation
- Acting on sustainability
- Embracing our differences
Kerry is an equal opportunity employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Kerry will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditional upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen. Description and Responsibilities Internships at Kerry
A Kerry internship is an excellent way to gain practical, firsthand experience in the food industry. Kerry interns receive competitive pay, working as an engaged member of the team and applying academic knowledge to valued business projects. Some interns have earned academic credit for their Kerry internship; we fully support this endeavor. While interns learn about Kerry's business and marketplace through a structured development program, Kerry leaders get to know and evaluate interns. As a result, a majority of interns receive offers for full-time, post-graduation roles with Kerry.
- Collect data and specifications, review with QA Technical Managers, and upload data into MS Excel spreadsheets for plants.
- Assist with the development of the Environmental Monitoring Program for LIMS (Laboratory Information Management System) for each plant site, ensuring that hygiene practices are in place.
- Compiles and analyzes test information to determine operating efficiency of process or equipment and to diagnose malfunctions.
- Tests and analyzes sample products, adjusting formulas and processes based on results.
- Prepares test solutions, compounds, and reagents for use by laboratory personnel in conducting tests.
- Investigates complaints on existing products and responds to vendor or customer.
- Interact with and learn about functions including Engineering, Production, Research & Development and other QA responsibilities within the manufacturing environment.
College student in third (or more) year of coursework for Bachelor's or Master's Degree in Food Science, Microbiology, or a related field.
Must be computer savvy with ability to create, update and/or maintain complex Microsoft Excel spreadsheets, follow direction and work independently. Must be self-directed with ability to ask questions, investigate, and follow-up. Candidate must be an effective written and verbal communicator.
The successful applicant will have familiarity with production and manufacturing standards as they relate to safety and hygiene.