The principle responsibility of this role is to assure manufacturing and support systems comply with the standards prescribed in AS9100/ISO9002. In addition the Quality Manager must assure compliance with all customers, and corporate, management system requirements. The quality manager is the Management representative for AS9100/ISO9002 quality standards. The quality manager is responsible and has freedom to act as required to resolve all matters related to quality, including product and system integrity, with unbiased and objective decisions. The position interacts with staff, the plant manager, and customers. The quality manager has managerial responsibility for the quality and MDM function groups.
- Establish the plant quality policy and objectives.
- Assure the established quality policy is suitable to the organization’s purpose, and includes a commitment to comply with requirements and continually improve.
- Assures the established quality objectives are measurable, and consistent with business unit and corporate objectives, and aligned with the organizations purpose and priorities.
- Provides framework for reviewing quality objectives and quality management systems.
- Conduct management reviews of quality management systems, per corporate quality manual, section 5.6, with goal on enhancing customer satisfaction.
- Plan and execute continuous improvement activities to improve effectiveness and suitability of quality management systems.
- Ensure availability of resources to meet quality management system objectives and continuous improvement activities.
- Assure quality management system integrity is maintained when system changes are planned and implemented.
- Ensure processes are needed for the quality management system are established, implemented, and maintained free from compromise and enforced.
- Ensure compliance to customer quality requirements, and assist in resolution of quality issues.
- Ensure the appropriate communication processes are established within the organization, and the communication takes place regarding the effectiveness of the quality management system.
- Communicates the importance of meeting customer, legal, statutory, regulatory, and internal quality requirements to all levels for the organization.
- Communicates to customers any significant organizational changes.
- Communicates and promote customer awareness throughout the organization.
- Recognize and cultivate the potential in others.
- Lead others through explaining the why using data
A little about us:
Alcoa is a global leader in lightweight metals technology, engineering and manufacturing, innovating multi-material solutions that advance our world.