Want a job you can feel good about? Leading to better encompasses everything we do at Kerry, it's how we've become the world's leading taste and nutrition company. Whether it's building sustainable solutions for consumers or building benefits and opportunities for employees, the main thread of the Kerry fabric is #LeadingToBetter. With focus on a sustainable future, a career with Kerry is something you can feel good about. Leading to better.
Through sensory science and technology, Kerry develops and manufactures food and beverage solutions for popular brands throughout the world. In fact, you've most likely experienced Kerry in the food or beverages you've consumed in the past few days! Leading to better, together.
Together, we shape how the world views food and beverage. Leading to better, together means we do this in a culture that nurtures agility, speed, quality and safety and we do this through:
- Celebrating curiosity that leads to action
- Empowering our people
- Promoting diverse thinking
- Investing in innovation
- Acting on sustainability
- Embracing our differences
Kerry is an equal opportunity employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Kerry will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditional upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen. Description and Responsibilities
- Responsible for all quality functions including food safety, sanitation efficiencies, customer service, and overall performance of the quality department
- Ensure effective food safety compliance and work with plant management team to implement programs to mitigate risk. Manage and lead HACCP program and team at site level, ensuring that Good Manufacturing Practices, preventive controls and prerequisite programs are in place and effective .
- Develop and maintain food safety and quality systems including QC & QA. Develop, review and align procedures with corporate policies, through GQMS (Global Quality Management System) with a drive towards best practice internal audit practices and procedures for improvement to prevent non-conformances.
- Enforce Kerry standards in the areas of ingredient and product standards, process specifications, formula compliance, sanitation/GMP/pest control, and regulatory compliance.
- Track report and review agreed upon KPI's. Develop and lead the plant Quality Improvement Plan. Partner cross-functionally and actively drive for process improvement.
- Develop and maintain qualified personnel within the plant Quality department, through training, communication, and accountability. This involves recruitment, organizational development, personnel assessment, training, direction and motivation. Manage the department within budget and utilize resources effectively to meet needs of the business on a timely basis.
- Continuously improve knowledge of products and technology to investigate variation and resolve technical problems with the team. Apply a scientific approach with statistical analysis to data and problem solving.
- Be proactive and responsive in addressing customer complaints, communicating effectively on technical issues and leading the root cause analysis. Develop and verify corrective actions.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution in an applicable field of study such as Food Science, Chemistry, Biochemistry, Microbiology, or similar Science/Engineering
- Demonstrated success with relevant GFSI standards including SQF, BRC, IFS, or FS 22000
- Proven knowledge and understanding of Food Safety regulations, FSMA, and industry and market trends
- Minimum 4-10 years of quality experience and/or training is desired
- Experience managing quality and food safety systems required
- Experience in a plant environment strongly preferred.
- Experience in food, chemical, or
- Pharmaceutical industry is a plus
- Achievement in assessing, developing and retaining top talent
Proven ability to lead with the following key competencies: Technical Expertise, Strategic Thinking & Influence, Process Optimization & Product Knowledge, and Leading & Managing Change