Position Purpose: Coordinate, facilitate and direct the quality process for facilities Iowa City, IA, and Monroe, WI. Act as a liaison in cross-functional areas and between external and internal customers and suppliers.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for the Quality Management System (documentation, training records, internal audits and auditors, error reduction, and corrective and preventative action) and ensures each assigned site QMS is in compliance with RRD QMS requirements; including Quality Task Tracker and Quality Metrics reporting.
- Provides ongoing leadership and support for the maintenance and continual improvement of the site Quality Management System (QMS) processes.
- Key spokesperson and management rep. for Quality System , and when applicable, coordinates activities to maintain ISO 9001:2008 and ISO 9001:2015 requirements, including preparing for and scheduling of annual certification compliance audits.
- Informs site management on significant or potentially significant quality issues ($2,500 spoilage and above) or any issues for designated high-risk accounts.
- Provide an environment conducive to employee involvement by providing vision, generating commitment, encouraging work redesign, and facilitating empowerment of employees.
- Works to streamline Quality processes and procedures, making the most efficient use of resources.
- Facilitates and supports continual improvement through effective root cause analysis processes and corrective and preventative actions to reduce or eliminate errors and trending for the monitoring and measuring of the QMS processes.
- Evaluates the effectiveness of assigned sites QMS processes through internal audits and evaluation of the site Quality Metrics data.
- Interact with customers as requested and assist with quality related responses to RFP’s/RFI’s for the site(s).
- Engage in continuing education, both formal and self-study to improve needed skills.
- Support the mechanics of managing and tracking employee involvement.
- Act as a leader in providing a safe work environment / mentor others in keeping safety first.
- Provide inputs to the development of budgets for assigned areas.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
A little about us:
Join a company changing the fast-moving world of communications, where people like, link, pin, post and share. At RR Donnelley, we do it all.